• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

UAL Decision Soon Amid Worries/Questions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
United people treated "other" people like $hit for years, now some people like giving some of it back to them. Human nature.

UAL may have a few bad apples, just like SWA does........

I have never treated a SWA guy badly in any way, several of my friends work at SWA, in fact I still remember some of them asking for LOR's (at UAL) to get a job here.

Of course this was before 9/11

I wonder where the UAL guys are that walked up to a fellow squadron mate in 1992 and told him "why doesn't TWA just do the right thing and go out of business for the good of the industry?".

I'm sure they don't remember. My friend hasn't forgotten. Karma's a b!tch.TC

P.S.--The SWA guys were ALWAYS supportive of the TWA people and for that, I am eternally grateful!

Oh, the famous "I bet you applied here argument".

I didn't say all UAL folks were a$$holes. I said people remember how they were treated and this is what is coming out.

I do remember being at a UAL wedding and being treated like an a$$ because I could not keep up with their "shop talk" since I was a lowly freight dog. I remember hearing about some of our guys not being allowed on UAL's jumpseat because "SWA was/is ruining the industry". After I was treated like I didn't have what it takes to be a UAL aviator (at several job fairs).. I knew, I did not want to work there (personal decision).

There were some people that wanted to leave SWA for UAL based on what they thought was best for them, peer pressure or what ever.. Maybe they lived in CO or something. Maybe more money would bring them more happiness, who knows? I know I am very happy where I am at. You could now argue about UAL folks asking SWA guys for rec letters, too.

So what you are seeing and hearing is simple, its "payback".

SWA F/O,

The reason you were treated like an A$$ is probably because it's the truth.

And the truth hurts sometimes......

A late response to Mach 80,

I can understand other airlines lobbying against the Loan Gurantee, but for individual pilots to do so is nothing more than weak di*k backstabbing. Bankruptcy has been used by carriers in the past, ie Continental.and America West. Perhaps they need to shut down.

As for the Loan Gurantee, perhaps ATA, Frontier, World, US Airways, and Aloha need to go out of business as well. After all, they applied for and received a Loan Gurantee under the same program.

Tell me how pay rates are going to move when there are THOUSANDS of pilots on the street looking for jobs. Remember the early and mid-nineties when most regionals were pay for training. See where I'm going? I stand by my previous post.

bpapa

Bankruptcy

Now the pilots/ fligh attendants of UAL, A/A,Delta, etc. know the feeling of pay cuts, give backs, downsizing, etc. to save their companies....much like what happened at TWA and were so demeaned for it.

My previous post was to call Mr. Bs bluff. If someone called out someone with the threat the other way, I woulda wrote the letter differently. Heck, I said right there to edit as you desire! A couple word changes and the whole letter's meaning is changed. This is what I'm sick of, people sitting on their backside, not doing anything, but insulting each other. I thought I'd show some iniciative and get SOMEONE to do SOMETHING. Now, if the UAL people would get off their duff, change a few words, they could have the letter they want to send. Geez!

The enemy within rank is ourselves!

We all know people, who were turned down at AA, DAL who is know working at UAL. Really does not make any difference in which order you put the airlines, someone who was not hired at one, got hired at another. Does that make you a better pilot, heck no, it just means you did a great song and dance show which got you hired.

Yes, there are those, that believe, because they work for X is better than those who work at Y. Totally stupid and more importantly wrong.

As far as competetive pressures and responses, those choices are made by people way above our paygrades. People who does not give a darn about you who are or what you do. To them, it is all about profits.

This is a dog eat dog world, but we, the employees, should try and act like gentlemem and not hyenas.

Latest resources

Back