• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

UAL Decision Soon Amid Worries/Questions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Just sent the letter. Thanks for the Link! I did a bulk email to all my friends and family and co-workers and encouraged them to do the same and to pass the info along for the good of the industry. Hopefully, hundreds and hundreds of emails are going to go out thanks to your posting the link and nicely written letter.

SMMustang said:
On mine I made "United Airlines Federal Loan Guarantee. I am not in favor of the loan guarantee" bold so they could cut to the chase.

Wow. How clever. With a campaign as slick as yours, I should be be cashing unemployment checks real soon. Maybe you could write a letter to get extended unemployment bennefits for airline workers rescinded while you are at it if that hasn't been taken care of yet. Thanks!

"Wow. How clever. With a campaign as slick as yours, I should be be cashing unemployment checks real soon. Maybe you could write a letter to get extended unemployment bennefits for airline workers rescinded while you are at it if that hasn't been taken care of yet. Thanks!"

The vote to extend the unemployment bennefits came up a week or so and it missed out by one vote. John F---ing Kerry was MIA. ALPA wants him in? That is what all your dues are going for.

Where was all of this debate when Vanguard, National, and Midway shut down? Should they have gotten the backing? 9-11 caused them to go under didn't it?

Lequip said:
Just sent the letter. Thanks for the Link! I did a bulk email to all my friends and family and co-workers and encouraged them to do the same and to pass the info along for the good of the industry. Hopefully, hundreds and hundreds of emails are going to go out thanks to your posting the link and nicely written letter. [/QUOTS

Selfserving, backstabbing pukes like you make me disgusted to be a part of this profession....

Extra300S said:
F9 got the loan backing sooooo why can't UAL? Looks like the allmighty Frontier LCC took a loss as well........

TED is doing well, people want the service and Miles on UAL, we also fly to TOKYO and LONDON, of course out COSTS are higer, we have SEVERAL types of airplanes and our employee's actually make a LIVING instead of paycheck to paycheck.

Extra,

F9 only applied for the ATSB loan guarantee as a defensive measure to UALs ATSB loan guarantee application. Frontier had a sound business model and received the loan guarantee and UAL did not. When UA was denied by the ATSB, F9 quickly repaid the loan without ever touching the funds.

Don't look now, but F9 actually pays more than the restructured United for like equipment. Check Airlinepilotpay.com. So if a nice 6 figure income plus bonuses, stock options, and matching 401K is paycheck to paycheck, well....I guess I'm living paycheck to paycheck. I should just quit and find a real job.

Hi all,

You guys looking to topedeo UAL are looking to benefit yourselves plain and simple. Don't even pretend to say that you are looking out for the "industry"... what steaming pile. Just come right out and say it..."I want UAL to fail because I think my company will buy planes and take up the slack, and I will upgrade sooner or we will get bigger airplanes, and I can have a better self image and stop eating Ramen noodles".

To think of advocating the potential demise of thousands of careers to benefit your own is despicable. Man, try looking at yourself in the mirror sometime.

Phew,
Nu

Last edited:
USMC319,

In March and April of this year, UAL flew roughly the same number of ASM's. UAL's LF in March was 80.1% and in April, it was 79.9% for a drop of .2%

Meanwhile at FRNT, March LF was 74.9%, while April's was 69.1% That's a 5.8% drop. But surely FRNT enjoyed a revenue bump....right.....? Not hardly. In March, PaxRASM at FRNT was 8.27 cents (7.65 for the entire money losing Q4[jan-mar]) How about April? 7.06 That's a 15% drop from March and a 8% drop from the MONEY LOSING Q4!!!!! That is an incredible drop, especially when you consider the increased costs of fuel in April.

Yes Mr. Marine, there is an airline adding capacity at fares lower than it's costs in DEN, but it ain't the big blue U.

Now wonder F9 is so worried about us,

Latest resources

Back