• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

UAL/CAL/AMR/USAIR/DELTA Retirements

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
To the old, self righteous senior pilots trying to tell younger guys how it use to be: F Off.

Gas was also under $1, milk was cheap and your dollar went farther.

It's called progression; it has made your lives easier.

Get a life, go hang with your family since you are so wise and get off FI if you don't want to hear it.

....and get out of my captn seat.

No....not quite...massive furloughs, Arab oil embargo, gas lines, runaway inflation, and mortgage rates of between 11.5% and 15%. And then came Frank Lorenzo. :eek: Other than these few minor details, you about nailed it. ;)

Last edited:
To the old, self righteous senior pilots trying to tell younger guys how it use to be: F Off.

It's called progression; it has made your lives easier.

Get a life, go hang with your family since you are so wise and get off FI if you don't want to hear it.

....and get out of my captn seat.

Upgrade is not a guarantee nor a right. It is earned. Get you use to the age change it is the Law.

No....not quite...massive furloughs, Arab oil embargo, gas lines, runaway inflation, and mortgage rates of between 11.5% and 15%. :eek: Other than these few minor details, you about nailed it. ;)

Yeah, and how well did your f-d up generation handle it? I took the time to read Flying the Line. Threats, intimidation, vandalism, unsafe behavior at the controls? Suicides even? I think you're the one leaving out the details. Apart from FI.com, this generation of marginalized pilots has handled adversity far better than yours did.

Huh? Sounds like your limited 7-11 vocabulary has reached it's maximum output. What's wrong? Slurpee machine on the blink again?

Thanks for the ride the other day!

I worked at a Burger King not at a 7-11. Good guess though.

How do your guys loads look like two Germany from IAH or EWR in August? I'm going to visit friends and figured I'd ride fore free.

It was an outrageous racial discrimination event.

Really I didn’t know he was arrested because he was black I thought it was because of disorderly conduct? Police arrive on every scene as though everyone is a suspect. It’s a basic survival technique. I’ve had them do it to me before even though I didn’t do anything wrong. Like I said it’s for their own survival not a race thing and even though it may come off as though they are too aggressive at times I can’t blame them because I would do the same if my life was at stake. If you try to confront their advances you will get arrested no matter what color you are. Deal with it.

Anyone have the hard numbers for US? I remember hearing that it was around 25-35 a month beginning in 2013, but I don't have the list in front of me to verify.

Latest resources

Back