• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

UAL/CAL/AMR/USAIR/DELTA Retirements

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
These were based on Age 60. Add 5 years....

[FONT=&quot]2007 - 263[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]2008 - 235[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]2009 - 231[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]2010 - 201[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]2011 - 167[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]2012 - 228[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]2013 - 246[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]2014 - 239[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]2015 - 271[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]2016 - 330[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]2017 - 305[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]2018 - 383[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]2019 - 356[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]2020 - 461[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]2021 - 508[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]2022 - 503[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]2023 - 574[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]2025 - 539[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]2026 - 561[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]2027 – 407[/FONT]

When we were hot and heavy about merging the first time around, I saw some projections at a union meeting for retirements at both airlines. If I'm not mistaken, if you plotted our retirements by year on a X-Y type axis, they looked like two sine waves almost 180 degrees out of phase, meaning our higher retirement years would offset your lower retirement years and vice versa.

Alot of the reason it looks like a sine wave is because the size of each airline...basically, by 2031...UAL retires 7008 pilots and CAL will retire 3377 or so...less retirements by CAL but UAL will retire everyone.
That does not take into consideration early outs or medicals.....Unless someone creates a non-aging pill....there will be great opportunities in the future...

Curious, Why would your high school dean be talking about a pilot shortage during orientation?

We didn't go to an all boys gay high school with a dean...most of us went to a regular high school with a principal, so using simple logic (which you seem to be missing) we can all deduce that he was referring to his college orientation, which with simple logic you can deduce that colleges almost always has an orientation for freshmen, while high schools almost almost never have freshman orientation (unless of course it is you all boys gay prep high school).

This message is hidden because Browntothebone is on your ignore list.

go to your CP or control panel settings, and look on the left side you will see "edit ignore list" click that and type his name. Then select OK

I really does make a great difference. I don't like suppressing differing opinions. I really want to listen to people I might not normally agree with.

Since 1997, I have stumbled on a very few such as hellonewman and BTTB, that contribute nothing. They are pot stirrers who post flame and then sit back with glee and watch the fireworks start.

They are that .5% that like to pull fire alarms. You can spot them at the back of the crowd masturbating.

Edited because I'm a retard, tommy should hit me on the head with a tack hammer.

man that's a lot of retirements considering the size of that airline.

Sadly those jobs will not likely be replaced by mainline pilots. Best we can hope for is regional growth with Mainline pay.

Latest resources

Back