• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
c5driver said:
Stick to passing gas junior.

What's wrong with passing gas bro?!:rolleyes:[/quote]

Nothing...Ignorant choice of words, my apologies to the tanker community. His statement below set it off, my passing gas/putz statement brought it down to his level and that was wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juniority
I'm sorry, is someone behind the times? Please correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this December the third aniversary of United's attempt to hide out in bankruptcy long enough for market forces to change in their favor?

One of the United States largest and complicated bankrupctcies....but according to YOU it's too long.
Sorry they couldn't adhere to YOUR schedule..what a putz.

Last edited:
SWA/FO said:
koko nw,
having trouble with the Enter button?

YES! How do you delete the extras?

I find this funny that a bankrupt carrier can bid on items from another bankrupt carrier.

I think their going after their gates, in order to prevent it from falling into the hands of another LCC. You know a strategic move, but hey slam them for trying to be proactive but if they hadn't you'd probably slam them for being incompetent.

To each his own, Merry Christmas SWA/FO

United Airlines filed for bankruptcy protection on 11 Dec 2002, any way you choose to slice it that comes up to three years now. I don't know why that pushed your hot-button Koko, but you sure do shoot low quickly. I don't think I'd like spending any time with you under stressful conditions...

By the way, bankruptcy used to be a (relatively short) period of reorganization followed by an exit or the admission of failure that is liquidation. United is setting a new record for airline bankruptcy with each passing day, is that something I shouldn't point out? Help me if I've overstepped myself in noting that point.

Yes, I fly tankers (Go Guard!).

Juniority said:
United Airlines filed for bankruptcy protection on 11 Dec 2002, any way you choose to slice it that comes up to three years now. I don't know why that pushed your hot-button Koko, but you sure do shoot low quickly. I don't think I'd like spending any time with you under stressful conditions...

By the way, bankruptcy used to be a (relatively short) period of reorganization followed by an exit or the admission of failure that is liquidation. United is setting a new record for airline bankruptcy with each passing day, is that something I shouldn't point out? Help me if I've overstepped myself in noting that point.

Maybe you should know exactly what you're talking about when asking someone if they need you to "point something" out for them. Don't know if you're too young to remember or just don't know airline history that well but as far as recent airline bankruptcies go...
From 1983 to 1993 CAL was in bankruptcy for 5.5 of those years.
America West from 1990-93 or 94.
TWA from 92-94.
Anyway, an airlines time in bankruptcy is not as important as that airline coming out of bankruptcy being able to operate profitably.
Also, your assertion that past airline liquidation was an "admission of failure" is way off. We can discuss this further if you'd like.

D-Bo

Juniority said:

Juniority, maybe it was your "hiding In" snide remark. But your right I overstepped with my lame pass gas remark and I apologize. You will have to admit the past bankruptcies fail in comparison in regards to the size and complexity of UAL but you have your views as too their expected duration, so be it.

By the way the last 2.5 years, have been primarily in the "box" flying so being under "stressful" conditions is the norm.

My apologies too you, happy holidays

Go C-17's (Reserve)

Last edited:
koko nw said:
But your right I overstepped with my lame pass gas remark and I apologize.

I loved being in the T-tail mafia and used to bash my tanker bro's a lot. Guess now since I am one I should stick up for the community. We're all brothers in the same fight anyway. No need to apologize, have a Merry Christmas!:beer:

I think it is reprehensible that a company is allowed to throw away retirement plans for current and former employees, brow beat employees under the threat of 1113 motions and then, while still under bankruptcy protection, be allowed to go shopping.

koko nw said:
One of the United States largest and complicated bankrupctcies....but according to YOU it's too long.
Sorry they couldn't adhere to YOUR schedule..what a putz.

Stick to passing gas junior.

It's funny to see someone defend a company that takes away it's employees hard earned retirement while running prime time cartoonmercials.

-PB

Propblast said:
It's funny to see someone defend a company that takes away it's employees hard earned retirement while running prime time cartoonmercials.

-PB

Then again, it has always been interesting over the years watching some defend companies that never offered retirements in the first place. Unfortunately, the traveling public never cared about that as they continue to bid ticket prices to levels that will never again support it.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back