ual-awac......

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ya know, this is incredible.....

as recent as 5 or 6 years ago, if that long, folks are high fiving each other with chants like 'Untied plus one', and a laundry list of other stuff, along with fat contracts, blah, blah, blah...

then *hit hits the fan...and everyone has got it out for everyone else....

These last few years can be summed up in three freaking words....

SUPPLY AND DEMAND

Simply as that boys and girls. When it benefits the pilot groups, they take full advantage and reap the benefits....

...and when it benefits the company, they do the same.....

It'll come around. In the mean time, suck it up. Blame will only make you angry.

why don't you all include the low cost carriers into your grouping of bottom feeders? USA 3000, southwest, jetblue, spirit, airtran, and indy all basicaly do the samething as the legacy carriers but they make a hell of a lot less. They are the ones partly responsible for this sh!t. You all talk so much smack about bottom feeders, but you all would sell your own first born to work at southwest hell even pay for your own training. Or am I wrong?

Socalplt said:
Do you really think that a pay difference of say $20-30 an hour for the crew is what results in a bid being succesful or not. The operating cost for the aircraft contain alot more than just crew pay.

Here you are incorrect. Labor is the single highest cost to an airline. Remember that for every aircraft that flies you're not only paying those two crewmembers. You're also paying all the reserve pilots, plus guarantee for others, plus pilots in training, plus administrative pilots. You can conservatively double what the crew is being paid in dollars to get in the ballpark of what it is costing the company.

So what confuses me.
All there has been talk about is 70 seat flying this, and 70 seat flying that. For now the only announcement has been the GoJet and Skywest are going to take 30 total CRJ-700's. Where is all the 50 seat flying going? Nobody out there right now can take over that kind of flying.
All that BAC Jet flying too, guess Mesaba is going to beat the he!! out of ASE now.
Maybe I missed something, it just seems like this is open ended.

8HourPilot said:
Where is all the 50 seat flying going? Nobody out there right now can take over that kind of flying.

Wrong!! Which ever company gets booted out of the airways family (i.e. TSA or Mesa) will have 50 seat planes sitting around ready to be flown for practically nothing.

My sincere condolences to the Air Whiskey guys. You're a great bunch and I hope the USAir thing works out as best as possible.

I can't tell you what to think but I've seen so much pilot-bashing I can guarantee that if you don't hate the pilots of X Airlines today I'm sure you'll find some reason tomorrow. It's absurd. This tragedy lays squarely at the feet of United (and I mean the company, not the pilots!) I know it's tough to find a proper outlet for anger but trust me if you blame pilots of other airlines it will do nothing but eat away your insides like a cancer.

Good luck, y'all.

If this is the fault of Skywest's pilots, can someone tell me why
Mesa wasn't given any additonal 70-seat flying? I think you
guys have every right to be mad, but blame United for forcing
this situation on your mgt.

Best of luck guys. I know a bunch of guys who went there about a year ago. Sad to hear this happening to one of the best regionals out there.

Remember there hasn't been an announcement about the other 40 ac's worth of flying yet. Mesa may still do "alright" out of that. Mind you I just saw that their stock has fallen 15%

This one decision is going to have a far reaching impact for a lot of us, not just the AWAC pilot group. I wonder if Yonited has any idea of the fall out they're going to cause with this?

Latest resources

Back