• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

UAL attains SOC.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
get ready for a war at ual over scope. jeffy will move 70 seaters into iah and ewr just to piss off the pilots. and then say to grieve it, lawsuits are already lined up

Good riddance to Crapinental I mean Continental. If only the Scabs, Friends of Fred, Good Old Boys Club, and Disgusting Management would vanish as well. This place needs a deep cleaning. Like a full on Starbucks venti quad shot espresso enema.

You are absolutely right, but Fred's horrid stamp has been thrown down on this merger. It's clear Smizsac was sold on keeping Fred around by promises to keep things horrible. As a CAL guy I'm flat out embarrassed that UAL guys are being force shoveled our 'train by click' culture.

15+ years later and we are still dealing with the legacy of People Express and Texas Air. This merger is giving that fossil the opportunity to promote the next generation of Fred's friends. Of course they are 'highly qualified'. Witness our new AC First Officers. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
You are absolutely right, but Fred's horrid stamp has been thrown down on this merger. It's clear Smizsac was sold on keeping Fred around by promises to keep things horrible. As a CAL guy I'm flat out embarrassed that UAL guys are being force shoveled our 'train by click' culture.

15+ years later and we are still dealing with the legacy of People Express and Texas Air. This merger is giving that fossil the opportunity to promote the next generation of Fred's friends. Of course they are 'highly qualified'. Witness our new AC First Officers. :rolleyes:

Yup, an absolute embarrassment! How many hours does she have? 5000 maybe?.... having never been a captain at any airline on any equipment.

I always knew that interns were promised jobs. But management jobs no less! Who knew?

I think it's great. Now I get to share our call sign with the same folks who were happy to fly EAL routes while we were on strike. As an added bonus at no extra charge I will get to share the call sign with the EAL "loyal employees" that CO was happy to hire. At least they have all been forgiven in the name of economics by my union. good grief.

80% more than you make. 50% more than you made before this contract. 250% more when we snap up to our new rates because you asked. But you don't see me cruising this sight flinging poo at a great regional pilot group.

I think it's great. Now I get to share our call sign with the same folks who were happy to fly EAL routes while we were on strike. As an added bonus at no extra charge I will get to share the call sign with the EAL "loyal employees" that CO was happy to hire. At least they have all been forgiven in the name of economics by my union. good grief.

Yeah well be happy you don't have to sit next to them! Yet!

Damn I was hoping we would get a "Varney" call sign.

Right now my understanding is that flights will be ATC filed under UAxxxx instead of COxxxx and in the remarks will be Continental Livery if the aircraft is not yet painted in the UNITED font. The UA certificate is going bye bye while the CO certificate will be the surviving one.

Now exactly what time point the filings will be done, I do not know. I dont think the departures prior to 12z will be CO, but I will find out for sure tonight. Lots of questions out there still and no answers. Wonderful.

Interesting times indeed. Everything is going smoothly right? How were those printers working this morning in EWR guys?

-OB

This merger with United is a disaster. Its gonna be a long time before it rights itself

Latest resources

Back