• Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

LUalum

Date: November 25, 2011
Expires: December 31, 2011
File #: I – 11 – 212
Subject: Single Call Sign Migration
To: All B756 Pilots
On the last day of November, Continental Flight 86 will arrive in Newark from Shanghai. When
the crew accepts their clearance to the gate, it will mark the last time we utter “Continental” on
our radios. While we will experience mixed emotions with the retirement of our proud call sign,
our brand and our heritage lives on.
The Air Carrier Certificate employed by legacy United Airlines (UALA011A) will cease to
operate at 0600 Central time (1200Z) on 11/30/11. All legacy Continental and legacy United
flights will operate using the certificate currently employed by Continental (CALA014A). Both
legacy airlines will file flight plans and operate with “United” flight numbers.

I guarantee it will not be the last time someone utters "continental" on the radios.

I have let Jetlink slip out at least a couple dozen times in the last week!

Sept 1st ALPA wrote a letter to FAA adm. Babbit stating there us a problem with safety in the SOC.
An ex ALPA guy in an Obama administration siding with management????

Good riddance to Crapinental I mean Continental. If only the Scabs, Friends of Fred, Good Old Boys Club, and Disgusting Management would vanish as well. This place needs a deep cleaning. Like a full on Starbucks venti quad shot espresso enema.

They should call it delusional airlines. Thats what mgt thinks pilot's are and must be what the public is when they buy tickets expecting service.

And that stupid message Pierce sent out saying we should say "United flight XXX flown by proud Continental Pilots will never be uttered out of my mouth."
Same as that stupid "halfway to Hawaii game"

FUPM!

So the radar blip will be coded CAL, but the controller needs to say "United" if I read this right? This did not work at the nightmare AWA/AAA merger after the blip went to USA but the callsign went to Cactus. It was changed to AWE in about a week due to controllers set on saying the old callsign with the old blip. Time to get a new blip/ID or let the mayhem begin.

Last edited:
I would have to read it again but I believe the atc strip will say United too not Continental.
On another note Pierce should be reminded of the fo who got fired for an inappropriate PA and it took him a year and a half to get his job back. Obviously with all cases there was a little more to it then that but that was the excuse to fire him. Lets not give dumb reasons to take hostages.

Latest resources

Back