UAL ALPA "Apology"

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
That and..........

WE'LL NEVER SEE LEVERAGE RETURN TO US UNTIL PRATER AND OUR UNION LEADERSHIP SHAVE THOSE DAMN MUSTACHES!!

THOSE MUSTACHES STEAL LEVERAGE FROM ALL OF US!! It's just bad PR. Big fat bellies don't help either.
(tongue- firmly in cheek__)

happy new year all, btw

Last edited:
How about 5 hours. 60,000 pilots giving 5 hours a week to improve the profession. That is 300,000 work hours... or the equivilent of 7500 people doing a 40 hour work week.

Imagine how the profession could improve if we had 7500 more people working to make the profession better.

And that is the trick... it is not supposed to be a few doing all the work, but All doing some of the work.

My man, you sound like a Soviet dictator. I acknowledge your tenacity, but your message is diluted by your absoutely unrealistic and naive vision. It's not even remotely plausible.

To even think that any MEC or LEC is efficient enough to utilize every member for 5 hours a week...what a complete mess that would be.

Tell you what, go to any business and ask why they don't have 8 people splitting a 40-hour work week (except for Wal-mart). It's called "continuity." And common sense.

You would do much better setting realistic goals and reflecting them in your posts. Your Utopian gibberish is a bunch of white noise in the real world. Unless, of course, you are a former politburo member.

Delta also had C-130 (L-100)s in the cargo ops.

After reading all the above thread, and previous threads, and you were in the bottom of the top third of a decently secure regional within a hour commute from home via jumpseat - and you were offered a class date at UAL - would you go? age 40

Been in aviation forever but as yet never been able to understand the directions of management.

Wish I did.

All I do know is how to fly the plane, do my job as expected and try to collect a paycheck then run for the jumpseat home.

Last edited:
My man, you sound like a Soviet dictator. I acknowledge your tenacity, but your message is diluted by your absoutely unrealistic and naive vision. It's not even remotely plausible.

Free will?

To even think that any MEC or LEC is efficient enough to utilize every member for 5 hours a week...what a complete mess that would be.

Then its a bad idea and it dies with your wisdom

Tell you what, go to any business and ask why they don't have 8 people splitting a 40-hour work week (except for Wal-mart). It's called "continuity." And common sense.

except for walmart.... nice....

You would do much better setting realistic goals and reflecting them in your posts. Your Utopian gibberish is a bunch of white noise in the real world. Unless, of course, you are a former politburo member.

How about you tell us what are realistic goals... or is the status quo acceptable...

After reading all the above thread, and previous threads, and you were in the bottom of the top third of a decently secure regional within a hour commute from home via jumpseat - and you were offered a class date at UAL - would you go? age 40

Depends on you. Can you afford that big of a hit in pay for a year? If you can, I'd say go for it, you'd have 25 years left. If you can't - there's your answer. Bear in mind also that you'll be the first to go should there be a merger or another downturn. If you are OK with that... go to UAL.

Been in aviation forever but as yet never been able to understand the directions of management.

Wish I did.

You and every other U.S. airline pilot. The truth is, we're pawns, and our leaders are carpetbagging corporate raiders out to make a quick buck off of stock options, not the visionaries who built their airlines from nothing.

All I do know is how to fly the plane, do my job as expected and try to collect a paycheck then run for the jumpseat home.

That's about all you can do, and also support your union - go to the meetings, vote and voice your opinion.

Latest resources

Back