Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

StaySeated

IBT does not represent ME
I can't find an electronic copy of the ad in today's Chicago Trib business section and I am too lazy to type the whole thing, but I have to say "nicely done".

I personally think most press releases and billboards are totally irrelevant and merely serve the purpose of generating some rah rah amongst the intended pilot group, but United's ad today was different.

UAL is getting slamed in the local press due to cancellations over christmas. UAL blames the weather and the pilots blame staffing. Here is the best line in the add.

"We have repeated warned United's management that they do not have the crew resources to staff our airline adequately and have repeatedly asked them to discuss these shortcomings. So far they have declined to do so. Instead, they diverted $750 million of cash payouts so that they may receive personal stock dividends of $2,196,165. The top five United officers received a combined salary between $65,983,879 and $100,850,809 in 2006. We believe your holiday travel experience would have been much better this week if they had used that money on the airline instead of on themselves"

Nice.

How many pilots are still out on furlough (not counting military or medical)? How many have by-passed? I'm curious how many pilots ALPA projects UA to be short and by comparison, how many management says they are short. Things just aren't getting better in this industry, are they?

How many pilots are still out on furlough (not counting military or medical)? How many have by-passed? I'm curious how many pilots ALPA projects UA to be short and by comparison, how many management says they are short. Things just aren't getting better in this industry, are they?

The recalls are already done. Everyone that wanted to come back or chose to come back because it was the better of two bad choices came back.

I have a copy of the Tribune today. It is a full page ad in the Chicago Business section. Very well done UAL ALPA

I can't find an electronic copy of the ad in today's Chicago Trib business section and I am too lazy to type the whole thing, but I have to say "nicely done".

I personally think most press releases and billboards are totally irrelevant and merely serve the purpose of generating some rah rah amongst the intended pilot group, but United's ad today was different.

UAL is getting slamed in the local press due to cancellations over christmas. UAL blames the weather and the pilots blame staffing. Here is the best line in the add.

"We have repeated warned United's management that they do not have the crew resources to staff our airline adequately and have repeatedly asked them to discuss these shortcomings. So far they have declined to do so. Instead, they diverted $750 million of cash payouts so that they may receive personal stock dividends of $2,196,165. The top five United officers received a combined salary between $65,983,879 and $100,850,809 in 2006. We believe your holiday travel experience would have been much better this week if they had used that money on the airline instead of on themselves"

Nice.

Here's a link to the ad that was run. If the link doesn't work, then you can try the link below. If that doesn't work, the "fun" paragraph was as StaySeated wrote.

https://crewroom.alpa.org/ual/DesktopModules/ViewDocument.aspx?DocumentID=41320

That letter of apology is just Pure Freakin Genius!

Might as well say, "Dear Customer, Our airline is managed so poorly you should make your reservations on the competition next time. There's nothing we pilots [who, by the way, didn't give a damn about you back in 2000] can do to make a difference in your travel experience today. So, if you take your business elsewhere, it'll be better for you and us in the long run. Well, better for you anyway. Maybe not for us but we're pissed and we're gonna show those management a$$holes because we don't give a $hit anymore."

That makes sense, doesn't it?

In the background I hear Barbara Streisand singing "Memories." Where's that CBA now?

Would you rather it not have occured? I would have rather had concession begin from that CBA, then a lesser one.... you?

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back