• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

UAL ALPA "Apology"

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Vtech, the add was crafted much better than what you imply. Unlike the "summer of love" we have the customer on our side. I've received several unsolicited positive comments while in uniform. We are winning the PR game unlike 2000.

Trust me, I'm no koolaide drinker. I'm trying to get out of United as fast as I can, but ALPA is doing a good job with PR this time. Although, its all for nothing without new management. Very little chance for significant contract improvements with economy slowing and $100 oil.

Hats off to United. It was a great tactical move on the pilots' part. I would love to see things like this happen at CAL.

Hats off to United. It was a great tactical move on the pilots' part. I would love to see things like this happen at CAL.

...This only happens because the MEC knows the membership is behind them.

If you don't have the rank-and-file support ( as many MEC's don't), then you won't have necessary credibility when challenging management.

It's called....Getting Involved !!!

The recalls are already done. Everyone that wanted to come back or chose to come back because it was the better of two bad choices came back.

Yes, that's why I asked how many by-passed. How many of the people who by-passed have resigned or are there still some holding out for a particular airplane and/or domicile? I wonder if the company is counting on the ones who haven't resigned coming back at some point and in turn hiring fewer new people. Just a thought.

That letter of apology is just Pure Freakin Genius!

Might as well say, "Dear Customer, Our airline is managed so poorly you should make your reservations on the competition next time. There's nothing we pilots [who, by the way, didn't give a damn about you back in 2000] can do to make a difference in your travel experience today. So, if you take your business elsewhere, it'll be better for you and us in the long run. Well, better for you anyway. Maybe not for us but we're pissed and we're gonna show those management a$$holes because we don't give a $hit anymore."

That makes sense, doesn't it?

Is that you, Glenn?

Yes, that's why I asked how many by-passed. How many of the people who by-passed have resigned or are there still some holding out for a particular airplane and/or domicile? I wonder if the company is counting on the ones who haven't resigned coming back at some point and in turn hiring fewer new people. Just a thought.

Final UAL Recall/Furlough numbers:

Return to Active Status 934
Return to LOA 631
Medical Hold 33
No work permit 1
Resigned 573
Total 2172

The 631 on leave of abscence- no one knows if they're coming back or not. I would imagine a good chunk of those guys are military guys, and since those numbers are several months old, maybe some of those guys are back already.

I haven't heard about any changes in our hiring plan (yet), but as you might guess, our executives are probably taking a well deserved two week Christmas break.........

ALPA didn't have enough ink to apologize for the "summer of love?"
You a Skywest pilot? Sounds like the koolaid speaking. I think UAL needs a "winter of love"
PBR

Latest resources

Back