• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

UAL ALPA "Apology"

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Excellent ad. Despite vtech's asinine comments, that's exactly the kind of PR move that needs to be made.

Very nicely done.

Hey, anybody know of United's hiring plan?
Got an email request to fill out personality assessment.... no, I do not want to be a deep-sea diver, and I happen to like Greek mythology...

Have lots of 121 PIC, ex-Marine, no degree though...not expecting to hear from them...

Thanks, and Happy New Year to all

Last edited:
Excellent ad. Despite vtech's asinine comments, that's exactly the kind of PR move that needs to be made.

The only thing it advertises is that there are union difficulties at UA and if I am taking my family to Florida maybe I should book elsewhere. While it may be good for union moral I don't think it creates any long term benefits for UA or its employees.

The only thing it advertises is that there are union difficulties at UA and if I am taking my family to Florida maybe I should book elsewhere. While it may be good for union moral I don't think it creates any long term benefits for UA or its employees.

Hate to tell you, but there are union difficulties at almost every single airline in operation today...

Yeah and there is political disharmony in the US.... maybe you should find a country were there isn't...

or you could fly skywest and jetblue to see Mickey...

Hate to tell you, but there are union difficulties at almost every single airline in operation today...

I am aware of that, the average American though doesn't. What the readers of this article see is wow things are messed up at UA, guess we should fly somebody else.

What can possibly be the positive outcome of this article aside from maybe rallying union membership which isn't worth the price paid in alienating your customer base.

Yeah and there is political disharmony in the US.... maybe you should find a country were there isn't...

Your analogy doesn't even begin to compare apples to apples.

or you could fly skywest and jetblue to see Mickey...

Which will probably be the effect of the advertisement on the traveling public.

How many pilots are still out on furlough (not counting military or medical)? How many have by-passed? I'm curious how many pilots ALPA projects UA to be short and by comparison, how many management says they are short. Things just aren't getting better in this industry, are they?

No. That trend began in 1979, but I am certain we'll see an uptick very soon.

PIPE

The whole point of such ads is demonstrating to management that the union has the ability to turn their customer base away if management doesn't play ball. Do you think strikes are good for business? Slowdowns? Nobody wants to do these things, but they are the only leverage that unions have to exert on management. Without hurting the bottom line, management won't pay attention. If they're smart, they will take care of the root cause of the labor unrest before things get out of hand.

Without hurting the bottom line, management won't pay attention.

Bottom line performance has little to do with executive compensation. One also has to consider that the weaker UA becomes the more likely a merger will occur. From a compensation standpoint the executives at UA would win big selling the airline off.

Latest resources

Back