• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
And who agreed to outsourcing?

Who got to vote?

ALPA and APA pilots-
sorry but to furlough while outsourcing is unforgivable- mgmt knows you guys have no line in the sand--- but keep blaming everyone else and trying to convince us that you're nothing but a powerless victim.
That's effective

You can look no further then those asswipe pilots at southwest for negotiating slave labor wages and lousy work rules!
UAL entered into BK thanks to crappy management and southwest pilots willing to work for low wages, along with paying for their jobs. Now UAL is forced to compete with the scum called southwest. Had swapa had any kind of balls and stood up for decent wages/benefits, maybe UAL would have had a leg to stand on.
I just hope for the sake of the rest of the industry they don't try to follow suit with the PFT program at southwest.

SWA = no RJ's
Legacy carriers = RJ's flying a great percentage of mainline flying.

Wake up Scope, get back mainline flying and stop caving on contracts and scope clauses.
Use the profits recently earned and get back what was once yours. Forget about SWA, work on your own.

SWA = no RJ's
Legacy carriers = RJ's flying a great percentage of mainline flying.

Wake up Scope, get back mainline flying and stop caving on contracts and scope clauses.
Use the profits recently earned and get back what was once yours. Forget about SWA, work on your own.

Delta = Hiring = growing
WN = No hiring = growth over

Not sayin' UAL rates don't suck, but by the time you throw in the 17% B/C contributions (no match required) and deduct the $10/hr that VA has to pay their pilots to wear that stupid-a$$ uniform, it's really not even close. At least TRY to get it out of the infield, junior.

rr

It's funny that you took offense to my post. I was just making a comparison. However if you are in the mood to compare apples to oranges, your pay and benefits equation should figure in a 1-5 year furlough at UAL vs a two year upgrade at VA.

SWA Pay Scales

Can someone post the pay scales for SWA CP's and FO's and show these SWA bashers what they are really missing - that will give them something else to grip at

Another thing is that the type rating is tax deductable (I know a certain %) and when the Chief Pilot gets up in front of all new hire classes and announces "Welcome to the rest of your life you will never be furloughed". That to all new hires is money well spent.

Can any other airlines Chief Pilot say that to a group of new hires - NAW

Can someone post the pay scales for SWA CP's and FO's and show these SWA bashers what they are really missing - that will give them something else to grip at

Another thing is that the type rating is tax deductable (I know a certain %) and when the Chief Pilot gets up in front of all new hire classes and announces "Welcome to the rest of your life you will never be furloughed". That to all new hires is money well spent.

The CP at UPS said the same thing.

Same at Netjets...I belive the exact wording was....

"welcome to the last job you'll ever have.."

That lasted all of 2 years and that clown is at FedEx now.

Yep to further dilute the koolaid, how about the Pan Am Chief Pilot who said "Congratulations men, you are all going to be Supersonic Transport Pilots."

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back