• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

UA to charge UAX employees per segment

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So wasting gas accomplishes what? Less fuel for the crew to use? More expensive for your airline? Never understood the end game with this strategy on ANY level.

So wasting gas accomplishes what? Less fuel for the crew to use? More expensive for your airline? Never understood the end game with this strategy on ANY level.

Since the mainline partner pays for the fuel, it costs the mainline more cash. It's a back handed way of "stickin' it to tha' man" when he's stabbing you in the back. I think it's funny.

Hey- this isn't affecting jump seaters, is it? The first time I show up to commute and have to pay 20 bucks, the gloves are coming off. I'll be selling my jumpseat to United pilots and donating the money to St. Jude's. I'm absolutely serious!

Since the mainline partner pays for the fuel, it costs the mainline more cash. It's a back handed way of "stickin' it to tha' man" when he's stabbing you in the back. I think it's funny.

Hey- this isn't affecting jump seaters, is it? The first time I show up to commute and have to pay 20 bucks, the gloves are coming off. I'll be selling my jumpseat to United pilots and donating the money to St. Jude's. I'm absolutely serious!

That ought to last long.......one call to a J/S coordinator and you will be looking for work.

Employees will pay the same fees as a UA employee, plus the following service charges.

Other UAX, United Mainline- Domestic1: (dollars) 20
United Mainline - Other International2: (dollars) 50

That makes perfect sense.

Last edited:
OOps,
Just added my own all discretionary descents will be taken immediately(respecting fuel) and performed at 4000FPM to insure that A/C reaches the high fuel burn altitude. While this will by all accounts do nothing to UAL, until they remember that we do have some ability to reduce their operating costs through discretionary efforts, they can buy more gas. And I don't even non rev.

And this is why the pilot profession is now just a job. You forget without pilots, airlines are out of business, immediately. Until airlines realize that the process is about equilibrium, if they decide that they want it all, they can reap the results. Every pilot from day one is taught to conserve resources and to monitor said resources, it goes against the very essence of the pilot DNA to waste said resources and as such management knows this and exploit it. Wanna get even, hit them in the wallet, fuels are aprox 40% of an airlines operating costs, brake wear is significant as well. These are discretionary usages that a pilot can modulate. I will be flying as low as I can, and the first available turn off will be aimed for. If you wanna roll over and stick your bu*t into the air, go for it, for me game is on! My cost index selection is now switched to extreme max.

And this is why the pilot profession is now just a job. You forget without pilots, airlines are out of business, immediately. Until airlines realize that the process is about equilibrium, if they decide that they want it all, they can reap the results. Every pilot from day one is taught to conserve resources and to monitor said resources, it goes against the very essence of the pilot DNA to waste said resources and as such management knows this and exploit it. Wanna get even, hit them in the wallet, fuels are aprox 40% of an airlines operating costs, brake wear is significant as well. These are discretionary usages that a pilot can modulate. I will be flying as low as I can, and the first available turn off will be aimed for. If you wanna roll over and stick your bu*t into the air, go for it, for me game is on! My cost index selection is now switched to extreme max.

Sorry but I hope somebody figures out who you are and watches you. If you intentionally waste money on the job you should be fired. Pilots are not the only employee at an airline that is important. Shut up and fly the f-ing plane. If it sucks so hard quit.

Sorry but I hope somebody figures out who you are and watches you. If you intentionally waste money on the job you should be fired. Pilots are not the only employee at an airline that is important. Shut up and fly the f-ing plane. If it sucks so hard quit.

Easy, Trigger! You don't want to get the old man started again. But seriously, if they are going to make the pilots and flight attendants pay to commute, then I'll support whatever course of action they choose to go with (with safety paramount, naturally).

You need just made TOTD. The pilots have the power to stand-up to management and make a positive difference for all the employees of the company, sadly the only thing management seems to understand is numbers.

Latest resources

Back