• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

UA to charge UAX employees per segment

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Spoken like a true management troll, "shut up and fly the f-ing plane" how 'bout, no.....fly it yourself chimp.

I think I could figure out how to fly it, not well but I think I could get it airborne. It would be that whole landing thing that would get me! Ive watched you guys do it..... looks hard.

Settle down over there! What if you had to fly all over the country , begging for a ride, just to get to your crappy job.Then they charge you on top of it. Lighten up Frances!

I was crabby so I went into total A-hole mode. It does suck that flight benefits continue a downward spiral.

I was crabby so I went into total A-hole mode. It does suck that flight benefits continue a downward spiral.
It's easy, spend 65k to get to Commercial Multi Engine, figger out how to get 1250 hours more, then figger out how you will feed your family on 75 hour guarantee times $23.00 per hour, living in some of the highest cost housing areas in the country. Spend 5-6 years at poverty wages(wife and kids), waiting patiently for the elusive upgrade, only to go back to being a 19 year old SGU schedulers personal chew toy. You think it's easy, come on down.
Sorry, some of the pinheads on here think what we do is a walk in the park, try operating in and out of ORD on a deicing day, times 4. Most mainline guys will do one pass, us regional pukes will do 4 days right in the middle of it.
So if I sound intolerant, it's because I am, we do some of the most technically challenging flying in the business. Try an 18 leg 4 day in and out of ORD with APUs deferred and multiple DMIs to boot. We earn our keep, period, and I do this week after week without Chief Pilot intervention.

Last edited:
It's easy, spend 65k to get to Commercial Multi Engine, figger out how to get 1250 hours more, then figger out how you will feed your family on 75 hour guarantee times $23.00 per hour, living in some of the highest cost housing areas in the country. Spend 5-6 years at poverty wages(wife and kids), waiting patiently for the elusive upgrade, only to go back to being a 19 year old SGU schedulers personal chew toy. You think it's easy, come on down.
Sorry, some of the pinheads on here think what we do is a walk in the park, try operating in and out of ORD on a deicing day, times 4. Most mainline guys will do one pass, us regional pukes will do 4 days right in the middle of it.
So if I sound intolerant, it's because I am, we do some of the most technically challenging flying in the business. Try an 18 leg 4 day in and out of ORD with APUs deferred and multiple DMIs to boot. We earn our keep, period, and I do this week after week without Chief Pilot intervention.
Who is this being addressed to? You do realize a majority of LCC/Legacy pilots are ex-regional and have gone through what you are describing?

So, who do you hold responsible for your career path? This crap is nothing new, you act like you are the first poor fool to run into these problems. Go preach your problems to those guys who have been furloughed and praying for the opportunity to just fly again..I'm sure they will feel bad for you.

So, who do you hold responsible for your career path? This crap is nothing new, you act like you are the first poor fool to run into these problems. Go preach your problems to those guys who have been furloughed and praying for the opportunity to just fly again..I'm sure they will feel bad for you.
I am.
When a dill hole tells me to "just fly the f-in plane" that reeks of pilot pushing, and coming from a DXer, it's inappropriate.

I am. I paid my dues and continue to do so every flight hour, I have been careful in choosing my path.
When a dill hole tells me to "just fly the f-in plane" that reeks of pilot pushing, and coming from a DXer, it's inappropriate.

I am. I paid my dues and continue to do so every flight hour, I have been careful in choosing my path.

If dispatchers are so worthless and not needed, then why are you so worried what a dispatcher would have to say?

Guess the question is, why are you still stuck at the regional level? Who or what is keeping you out of the majors? Or are you one of those guys that will always bitch about being at the regional level, with no intentions to really leave? Just curious, how many years have you "paid your dues" at the regional level?

This turned into another pilot vs dispatcher fight? Why are these popping up all over these days? I thought we all worked for the same crappy industry.

Latest resources

Back