UA pilot punched by pax video

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The pilot is an idiot.
Poorly handled for sure, how many times all of us have had to deal with a drunk at a gate area? Engaging in an argument with a passenger is not our job, little alone someone who is drunk, call the cops and let them handle it!

The pilot is an idiot.

Agreed. If you haven't thrown a punch since the 5th Grade, now is not the time to act like a tough-guy.

Here's the entire video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMwCL3L-AsQ

If you look at the video, you'll see:
1) an RJ parked at the gate, and
2) gate A4.

The A gates at Dulles are express, not mainline. That doesn't rule out that this pilot could easily have been United mainline, as he may have been deadheading or jumpseating.

My take: The pilot was being an azzhole. He intentionally egged on a drunk and got the reaction he wanted. Do I have a right to cast stones? No; I've done the same here and in other places.

This video is a cautionary tale to me. Make sure that I do everything 'by the book' because I never know when someone's filming me. This world is turning into an Orwellian nightmare; George Orwell's fortunate in that he's been worm food for more than 60 years and never saw his worst faustian visions become reality.

Wow. Talk about how not to handle a situtation. Everything that pilot did was wrong from A to Z. What a tool bag.

Wow, I can't believe how long it took for the police to arrive. Anyone have any idea where this was or how long ago?

Latest resources

Back