• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

UA furlough numbers released

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I totally agree that the 65 thing sucks but that is old business. I am just looking to find a way to keep my job over the next 6-12 months because of all of this furloughing crap.

Age 65 OLD NEWS? The time frame you are referring to is only a 6 to 12 month reference.

AGE 65 is fresh. And those that are responsible need to pay just as those that are being hurt by AGE 65 are paying.

Time out...

Hi Eagles,

I am sorry if you didnt recognize the generalisation. By and far, most of us are done with the major expenditures once we (hopefully) reach 60. Chances are that those furloughed are still having to meet obligations that the 60 year olds no longer remember.

Sincerely,

dane

Hell, at CAL, our lines are built around 90+ hours. That's what I've been doing since I was hired. Last summer I got credit for 117 hours, 98, and 104 hours. Something has got to give. I'm going for a LOA from pure exhaustion.

It's time to DRILL FOR MORE OIL off our own coasts... Solar won't cut it for at least another 10 years...

And destroy the coastline for two years worth of oil? I don't think so. We need to reduce our consumption of oil, not drill for more. There's enough in that ********************hole of a desert for all of us without drilling the in the oceans surrounding the US.

I think that UAL should purchase a bunch of 777-300s to lower their costs per seat mile. It might help them out financially.

And destroy the coastline for two years worth of oil? I don't think so. We need to reduce our consumption of oil, not drill for more. There's enough in that ********************hole of a desert for all of us without drilling the in the oceans surrounding the US.

Destroy the coastline???:confused: How so? Most people wouldn't even notice the rigs IF they could even see them. Drilling for oil WONT "Destroy" the coastlines. That's a tree-hugger~drama queen comment.:p

Amen brother.

I live in Florida and don't want my East and West coasts polluted by yet another Exxon accident.

To all those who think drilling is the answer --> Let me ask you this: What are you going to do after that resource is depleted? What is your plan then?

You can't just hope somebody will come up with a miracle. You have to make it happen...now.

If the price of oil suddenly came down dramatically, how soon do you think it would be before all those Hummer and Ford Excursion TV ads would reappear?

We need a Manhattan-style project started immediately to find a permanent energy source that is unlimited, pollution-free, and will not contribute one bit to Global Warming. In the meantime, we have to conserve like there's no tomorrow and force the automakers to implement drastically improved CAFE standards...within the next 5 years, not 20.

Obama has already proposed such a plan to deal with this problem once and for all. You won't get any of that from union-hating McCain.

Republicans have no answer except to drill...drill...drill so their buddies and lobbyists in Big Oil can get richer...richer...richer.

Progressive leadership is what we need and what will get us through this.

Vote Obama '08!

If Norway is able to do it with ZERO pollution, then we can. I say DRILL the gulf coast and kill the dolphins.....:nuts:

Do it all! Drill, invest heavily in alternative fuels, and get this country off our knees when it comes to OIL.

Latest resources

Back