UA furlough numbers released

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What a joke, try to catch up to the realities of the 21st century

Say, didn't you start your nonsense the same time that gay Undaunted flyer gave up? Hmmm. How's the uniform fitting, or do you try on each others? Either way, your scab mentality is taking hold rapidly. All of those fresh furloughs, you should be able to CLEAN UP picking up that open time. (If you aren't that gay undaunted flyer?)

Drilling for new oil won't produce anything for 10 years either.

I want a new house..well, if I start build ing today, I won't get the benefit of living in it for at least a year..
Guess I shouldn't build it.

I want a college degree..but if I start today, I won't be able to make ANY money with it for at least 4 years... Guess I shouldn't go to college.

BARAK OBAMA is a moron!!! pas it on...

Say, didn't you start your nonsense the same time that gay Undaunted flyer gave up? Hmmm. How's the uniform fitting, or do you try on each others? Either way, your scab mentality is taking hold rapidly. All of those fresh furloughs, you should be able to CLEAN UP picking up that open time. (If you aren't that gay undaunted flyer?)

Johnny:
be careful using the "scab" word, the almighty moderators can ban you for any reason they seem fit. Remember, they are the supreme court of FI!:laugh:

I want a new house..well, if I start build ing today, I won't get the benefit of living in it for at least a year..
Guess I shouldn't build it.

I want a college degree..but if I start today, I won't be able to make ANY money with it for at least 4 years... Guess I shouldn't go to college.

BARAK OBAMA is a moron!!! pas it on...

Wish GW could have gotten your pep talk at the beginning of his stint. We could have completed some of these energy alternates by now (8 yrs). Instead we decided to flood Billions of $ and American blood into Iraq. No compensation yet... I think he was looking for a quick fix as well.

Wish GW could have gotten your pep talk at the beginning of his stint. We could have completed some of these energy alternates by now (8 yrs). Instead we decided to flood Billions of $ and American blood into Iraq. No compensation yet... I think he was looking for a quick fix as well.

I hate to go back 13 years, but if we had started ANWAR in '95 (veto's by the president, ole' whathisname) we would not be in the mess we are in now...

As for your post.. Obama would say... if we start developing wind and solar, we won't see any benefits for years... so I guess we just need to sit around and do nothing... O'bama is a moron...pass it on.

We just need to start producing hydrogen by the boat load and cut oil out completely.

M'kay,

Where to we stick the hole to pump hydrogen out of the ground?

Oh, that's right, we can't. We need to crack water to get it. Ok, no problem. That takes a pretty good about of power to do. Guess what else power we need? The power to compress and keep that liquid cold while we transport it.

Where's that power come from? Nobody wants to use coal, and eco-weenies don't like nukes.

What's left? Solar? Wind? Right now they're not bad for low density supply where a little fluctuation is ok. But for something like H2 for serious transport requires energy density FAR beyond what solar and wind can produce.

And we're not even talking about the effort required to make a cryogenic liquid safe enough for joe six-pack or his mom to handle.

At SOME point, the hard choices are going to be made. That means more coal, oil rigs off-shore or nuke plants in your town.

Barring some unforseen plague or societal collapse, no one is willingly going to go back to the old horse and buggy. Shores are going to be drilled, plants are going to built and in the process some bunnies and red tailed snail darters are going to be killed.

Nu

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back