• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

U.S. government, two airlines say open to settling merger fight

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It must be Southwest, they can have the slots in DC and offer lower cost tickets to the public ;-)

SW have strong ties everywhere.

Plus, they might even get the Phoenix operation as a bonus

So we are on final in BOS to runway 27 with a nice stabilized approached and the tower tells Southwest that they are showing 60 knots faster than us - so they ask US for minimal time on runway after landing - they don't tell Southwest to slow or s turn!

What a joke - and u say they might be the ones trying to block the merger

Metrojet

So we are on final in BOS to runway 27 with a nice stabilized approached and the tower tells Southwest that they are showing 60 knots faster than us - so they ask US for minimal time on runway after landing - they don't tell Southwest to slow or s turn!

Metrojet

So did they have to go around?? :)

It must be Southwest, they can have the slots in DC and offer lower cost tickets to the public ;-)

SW have strong ties everywhere.

Plus, they might even get the Phoenix operation as a bonus

Don't tell Flopgut this; he might blow a gasket!

(Jes' kidding')

Bubba

Good point, 'cause no other airline has ever been asked for minimal time on the runway for a guy spaced close behind them. I guess you assume that SWA pilots somehow don't know how far the guy ahead of them is, and want to be sent around?

So.... Did you dawdle and make them go around out of spite?

Metrojet

That's right-- Gary Kelly is in charge of the DOJ and all those states' Atty General offices now. Didn't you hear?

Bubba

Good point, 'cause no other airline has ever been asked for minimal time on the runway for a guy spaced close behind them. I guess you assume that SWA pilots somehow don't know how far the guy ahead of them is, and want to be sent around?

So.... Did you dawdle and make them go around out of spite?

That's right-- Gary Kelly is in charge of the DOJ and all those states' Atty General offices now. Didn't you hear?

Bubba

O k Bubba

We tried to make first turn off to help out - and they landed.

I was just really being light hearted on my post - and be honest - you know u guys get favors all over the system - except Philly - that's why you guys reduced flights there right? ??

And Gary Kelly is in charger of DOJ now you say? Maybe we can give u guys some international slots for the merger approval also then??

Metrojet

And Gary Kelly is in charger of DOJ now you say? Maybe we can give u guys some international slots for the merger approval also then??

Metrojet

Really?! That would be great! Tell your bosses thanks for me. Let's see... DCA slots, international... What else... Hey, how about throwing in some Philly cheesesteak, paying off my bar tab, and sending over any good-looking young Flight Attendants you may have left. You do that, and I'll call Gary and have him call of the dogs. Deal? :cool:

Bubba

Latest resources

Back