U.S. Customs Aviation

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Thanks

I've put my app in too and just wanted to say thanks to forrest and all those that put up all the good info.

One quick question where can I find information on the training process so in the event I'm offered a position a year down the road i'm prepared for the training, i.e. book work and physical training.

thanks guys

Go to www.FLETC.gov

Thats the school in GA, I believe it's 19 weeks. Anyone know if we will be told our points? Or do they just call/not call for interview.

Thanks and Good luck to all

Sorry for the delayed replys, been out of town. The Navy uses Flight Safety in St Louis for C-9s, and Customs uses Flight Safety for the C-T210, C-12, and C-550. As far as the training it is a 19 now 21 week training course/police academy in GA. FLETC (Federal Law Enforcement Training Center). It is nothing like boot camp, but you do wear somewhat of a uniform and go to class all day. Most of it is pretty cool, but South GA gets old after a while. Lots of shooting guns and studying the 4,5, and 6th amendment. As far as carrying a gun on and off the job. Well you have to wear it with your uniform, but there is a 50-50 split of folks that carry off duty. Most of the former cops do and the rest of us...well I guess the best answer is you can pack heat when ever you want to. Hey it helps when flying Southwest for the early bording.

Does anyone know where we can find info on the interview process. In the event I get and interview I'd like to be as prepared as possible. Thanks

Quick Question...

What's the physical fitness part of the training like? Pretty intense or no? I'd imagine its not Navy SEAL style, but there has to be something right?

OK, so, a little confused here...

On the USA Jobs site under 2181, is that the application packet they want or should I Look somewhere else?

Thanks in Advance

Other than the letter saying they got your application package, has anyone heard from US Customs who applied? I know it's a long process, I was just curious.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back