• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

U.S. Airways seeks to replace DASH-8s

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Surf, I agree with you that it would suck to fly the 400's at a lower rate than what we deserve, but look at the rest of the industry. EVERYONE is flying aircraft for less than what they deserve and then some (Hojets, mesa, etc.). Yeah I'd love to have a huge pay increase, but I just don't see it in the cards for PDT. PDT isn't the company it was back in the 90s when people wanted to be here. We're too old, too grumpy, and if we don't get new aircraft, we won't be around. There is no reason for U to keep us around in the future as 37 seat prop operators. They can get almost the same thing out of Colgan, and I would assume for a fraction of the cost. If the 400s don't come our way in the next year maybe year and a half, I would bet that when 2009 rolls around and the contract is up, it's bye bye to good ole PDT. And don't even get me started on the flow thru agreement...

I didn't say anything about huge increases in pay! We won't see Horizons pay at all! I agree what you are saying we need them for our future, but we have to get some money out of the deal! If we just roll over, then we are no better then the Mesa's and Gojet's! Its (Q400's) gonna put more money in US Airways pockets..... Imagine a 72 seat aircraft that flys as fast as a jet, and burns 35-40% less fuel! This airplane if US Airways gets them, will be a cash cow! Even its only a few dollar raise, we need to get something. We are owed that!!
If not, screw DP and the rest of them that think they are labor friendly!

I guess we are in agreement then...Yes there should be a pay increase, but I am afraid of many of the senior pilots will settle for nothing less than a heafty pay increase. What do they have to lose...many of them will be done before or near our 2009 contract, and that does not bode well for the junior CA's and FO's. You're right, if there is no pay increase we might as well call ourselves the PiedAghenny SkyWhores!

NO, unless he's referring to A/C scheduled for "C" checks but he wouldn't know that schedule.

PSACPSP

I was told at the training center in CLT that the 50 seaters at PSA were going away. Is that inaccurate info? It wouldn't be the first time.

With that said, Parker does not like the economics of the 50 seat RJ's, and rightfully so. He can't do anything about AWAC's, but he sure can do something about PSA's.

I was told at the training center in CLT that the 50 seaters at PSA were going away. Is that inaccurate info? It wouldn't be the first time.

With that said, Parker does not like the economics of the 50 seat RJ's, and rightfully so. He can't do anything about AWAC's, but he sure can do something about PSA's.

What was said at the 900 proposal was they had way to many but there's no one to take them...only backed up by the fact that the last time I was in CKB for a "C" check airplane, there were 22 there collecting dust (Ex Indy Air) and heard there were 8 or so in OkC. Unless "ours" were leased way less than those, I really doubt they are going anywhere. Unless they got a Colgan or something similar to sublease them, I have no idea wherethey could go.

On a side note, "C" checks start again in January. Usually 2 weeks each so we will be down A/C on a temporary basis!

KBB

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back