U.S. Airways seeks to replace DASH-8s

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Last edited:
Great news. You guys really do need some newer planes. How do you personally feel when you yourself see that PSA CR7 at 1230pm in New Bern? Just curious.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Yeah, she's just here for the debate.

How do you personally feel when you think of all the money leo took with him and your retirement went poof?

BTW Nice job holding the line on scope tool.

How do you personally feel when you think of all the money leo took with him and your retirement went poof?

Wow, again, great writing. Academy Award for writing. Wow. How did I feel about Leo and his money? I thought he got too much, but then again we did get rid of him. That was the best thing.

Anyway, I was just wondering what Wsurf personally thought about seeing that CR7 in New Bern. I just wanted to hear his thoughts. It looks like a nice plane. And in New Bern, it must look huge. I think it is great that PDT may be getting more Dash-8-300s/-400s. That will be great, and I am sure he will upgrade on the -400 in 4-5 years. New Bern must be one heck of a town!!

You're welcome on the scope line. It moved slightly, but it still did move. Oh well, it was a BK concession, with the judge watching. That is understandable, and not even close to what the SkyWest guys did under no threat of BK whatsoever. And, you didn't hear that we pilots will get to split a $650 million note, and we ALSO get $2.1 billion in new stock(which in the end will equal about $500 million to be divided by 6000 or so pilots) Added up that will give a junior guy about $100,000 (depends on seniority and years of service) to invest now. Not bad, and that will help if it is invested over 20 years. (the compound rule) Plus we get a 10% matching DC fund from the company in our names (10% of whatever we make that month matched by the company in whatever fund we chose), and another 2% match on our seperate 401Ks. Not too bad these days I guess. And, to top it off, did you know we at DL will order 50 787s when we exit BK? It should be nice.

Anyway, good for the PDT guys and gals. I hope you like your new planes.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:

Lets see, I think my old neighboor is getting $250/month PBGC..nice...just friggin keep it......

Heres a little petition form, cant hurt to show some support for DAL. Fill it out, takes 3 seconds. http://66.23.211.166/forms.nsf/petition?OpenForm

EWN is still a crew base isnt it? Been any talk recently about axing it?

Last edited:
General Lee,

CRJ700 is a nice airplane! So tell me how you feel about the CRJ 900's rolling up with the Delta Colors at SkyWest!! You know the ones that you said about a year ago would never, ever happen....... Yea those airlines.. lol

General you are one bored individual!! Get a life... Have some fun!! Don't be so envy of me!! Your jealousy has gotten the best of you, and it shows in your post!!

PM your email.... I will send you some pictures of me, so you can hang a few around your house!

Last edited:
I don't even usually look at US Airways threads, but why is a DELTA guy thrusting his opinion into this discusion? I believe you may be right. He needs a life.

I think US Air should invest in teleporting technology, it would save more money in the long term!

General Lee,

CRJ700 is a nice airplane! So tell me how you feel about the CRJ 900's rolling up with the Delta Colors at SkyWest!! You know the ones that you said about a year ago would never, ever happen....... Yea those airlines.. lol

General you are one bored individual!! Get a life... Have some fun!! Don't be so envy of me!! Your jealousy has gotten the best of you, and it shows in your post!!

PM your email.... I will send you some pictures of me, so you can hang a few around your house!

You tell him WSURF! How are things are PDT? Glad to hear you guys might be getting the -400. I always would argue reasons for the -400 when I was at PDT. That would be a great aircraft, and PDT is long overdue for a break.

Good luck,

Eric Pogo

Latest resources

Back