• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

U Fly Mike / Bose Quiet 2 TSO issue

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Why dick around? Just get a Bose X and get something that is designed to do the job you need it for.

The Bose QC headsets are junk in comparison. I've been using my Bose X for seven years and it has performed flawlessly.

What the heck does this uflymike thing do anyway? The website assumes the consumer already knows what it is...

It's an add-on for the Bose QuietComfort 2 headset that turns it into an aviation headset when it's attached. It works great, is super-comfortable, and is removed very easily so you can use it as a nice set of ANR headphones when you're not in the cockpit. I'm very pleased with mine.

Is there any kind of volume control on the UFly Mic setup or the headset itself? I'm thinking about getting one but if there's no volume control on the headset than the altitude chime and other airplane aural warnings come in full blast and I'd like to be able to turn them down a bit.

And does the entire headset go out when the batteries die or just the ANR?

Is there any kind of volume control on the UFly Mic setup or the headset itself?

No, there isn't any control on the headset or the UFM.

And does the entire headset go out when the batteries die or just the ANR?

The whole headset goes. The mic still works, since that doesn't require a battery, but the headphone portion will die.

Frankly, if you check to see that the red power light isn't blinking at the beginning of your day, you'll be fine for that day -- it goes many hours after the low-battery warning.

I make it a habit to check the light at the beginning of my day when I power it on, and change the battery if I ever see the light blinking. I've never had it surprise me by going out unexpectedly.

No, there isn't any control on the headset or the UFM.

The whole headset goes. The mic still works, since that doesn't require a battery, but the headphone portion will die.

Frankly, if you check to see that the red power light isn't blinking at the beginning of your day, you'll be fine for that day -- it goes many hours after the low-battery warning.

I make it a habit to check the light at the beginning of my day when I power it on, and change the battery if I ever see the light blinking. I've never had it surprise me by going out unexpectedly.

Also, the QC2 case has a little zipper pouch with room for 4-5 batteries (about a 4 month supply) and a battery change takes all of 2 seconds.

The battery has never died on me either. The low battery indicator light gives plenty of warning when the battery is low. I would hazard a guess and say that any good pilot would never let any ANR headset battery die.

I really wonder why the company that rhymes with nose has their bose out of joint. Maybe because someone built a better mousetrap?

Going after UFM as they have is like a Ford going after a camper shell manufacturer. It adds functionality, but is still the same product.

PBRstreetgang,

"Mike,
As usual just because the FAA hasn't provided you an answer, it must be ok. As far as the print , between the italics and bold I wanted to make sure there was a difference between your replies and mine, I would have used smaller but my 50 year old eyes couldn't read it. Argue it anyway you want, the FARs require a boom mic below 18000 ft. When was the last time certificate action was taken for 250 below 10000ft?
Get the STC which isn't a STC and let this dog lie.
PBR"

STC? This is about TSO's. You're right, let's just let this dog lie. You're confusing my 60 year old mind.

Mike

Vmo

" Will you be offering these in an Airbus 5 pin plug Today 10:27?"

We talked to our cordset manufacturer, and they don't feel there is a high enough demand for the 5-pin. There are a number of our customers who use the current product with the y-cord adapter. The best price we've seen is from:

http://www.mypilotstore.com/MyPilotStore/sep/3333

Mike

Latest resources

Back