• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

U/AWA PID set @ 10/24/2005

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Go ahead and believe whatever you want......Why would UAIR pay Bronner anything?

U didn't buy AWA....I never said they did. It was a MERGER.

Get over your "entitlements" over what you should have or shouldn't have. I only give a $#%# because I have many friends I don't want to see screwed out of their reserve parachute who can't wait 5 years (three of which the airlines won't even be combined) for all the retirements at UAIR.

A350

Wiskey Driver said:
We we're too small and up against SWA everywhere we went to attract the sort of capital that expansion required as a stand alone entitity. You guys had the "mass" but were unable show a profit even in CH 11, to compete successfully against airlines such as SWA ,Air Tran and Jet Blue. Regretably you need us as much as we need you to pull this thing off. So we all better learn how to play ball together or we ALL are in for a very long and miserable career.

PHXFLYR:cool:

Well said M.

WD aka TrickDaddy:pimp:[/quote]

Why thank you, R.......nice to see you survived your 4 day with "my baby brother from another mother!":D

Actually BeCareful is a pretty pleasant guy. We haven't had the greatest run of luck lately and it's a little tough to listen to some of the "theories" that various people espouse as fact around here. I've kept out of it for the most part because I don't need the aggravation and I've lowered my expectations to the absolute bottom.

Neither carrier purchased the other. Both needed something the other had. It's pure speculation as to where either carrier would be in 6-12 months if still standing alone, regardless of what the talking heads said. The "DOH" talk and "Stapler" talk is foolish and grating, but really, isn't that where each side should start (their duty is to serve and protect their own pilots first)? We all know either method is very unlikely to happen given the situation, so we may as well set our minds to accept the outcome of the arbitration.

I'm sure that one-on-one in the tube the vast majority of east-west crews would get along just fine without all the rhetoric.

JMO

PHXFLYR said:
Well said M.

WD aka TrickDaddy:pimp:

Why thank you, R.......nice to see you survived your 4 day with "my baby brother from another mother!":D

PHXFLYR:cool:[/quote]

Survive T.!! Sheeit ask him who got his Azz thru ground school:D

I was glad to finally get a trip with him. He said to tell you to stop acting like your uncle but he refused to tell me his name, said you would kill him if he did.:laugh:

WD/TD:pimp:

Wiskey Driver said:
So we all better learn how to play ball together or we ALL are in for a very long and miserable career.

Smart concept but wont happen. USAir/Piedmont/PSA and Trump shuttle are still trying to figure it out 15 years later.

What is the deal with Metro Jet Pilots? are they Really US Air mainline pilots? are they going to to get recalled? just wondering.

stb said:
Smart concept but wont happen. USAir/Piedmont/PSA and Trump shuttle are still trying to figure it out 15 years later.

That's what I was afraid of......:(

I was glad to finally get a trip with him. He said to tell you to stop acting like your uncle but he refused to tell me his name, said you would kill him if he did.:laugh:

WD/TD:pimp:[/quote]

And he wonders why he was the first guy I put on my "No Fly" list..shhheeesh!;)

PHXFlYR:cool:

A350 said:
Go ahead and believe whatever you want......Why would UAIR pay Bronner anything?

U didn't buy AWA....I never said they did. It was a MERGER.

Get over your "entitlements" over what you should have or shouldn't have. I only give a $#%# because I have many friends I don't want to see screwed out of their reserve parachute who can't wait 5 years (three of which the airlines won't even be combined) for all the retirements at UAIR.

A350

Give it a rest already,will you please? You're the only one that seems to think youre "entitled".:rolleyes:

PHXFLYR said:
That's what I was afraid of......:(

That's just the pilots. Add in the rest of the work groups and it is a real mess.

Someone said something about USAirways has a bigger name recognition for travelers. Wait til we get to the holidays again and see how PHL gets all that excellent free press again.

I personally thought this merger would disband the USAirways management team, that's a good thing but after a press release, of the 35+ VP's at the new USAirways over half were from old USAirways.

The airline is doomed to fail, same USAirways business logic and 35+ VP's. Old USAirways has 27 VP's and that is to many.
Guess which VP spot is open on the roster? The VP which will control the PHL hub.

Latest resources

Back