Type A and Type B RNAV Arrivals

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

thatpilotguy

Does anyone out there know of, or have any information regrading these new arrival designators? I'm trying to locate a textual copy of the info rather than just a "word of mouth" answer.

Thanks

Just started looking into this myself........I think the AC is 90-100 and avail at fly.faa.gov. I'm also going to check the NBAA website. If I come up with anything useful I'll let you know.

OK, it is AC90-100, but the nbaa site shows an update to this AC dated OCT 2005. Update basically deals with RAIM prediction and whether you are in radar contact or not. go to www.nbaa.com click on Flight operations then Airspace/ ATC Procedures.

C-YA

There was an article in the latest Pro Pilot Magazine on it. The basic requirements are GPS, an FMS with the procedure in the database (not just manually entered waypoints) and RNP 2 for Type A and RNP 1 for Type B.

Make sure you read AC90-100. The article from Pro-Pilot is most helpful. If I can find irt, I will post a link. You may also check with the 121 guys. The larger airports all use them now and they have probably had formal training.

IAH has some good examples of type B DPs. Off the top of my head, both A and B are RNP 2.0 requirements BUT type B requires you to have your equipement certified to RNP 1.0.

Kind of a goofy thing.

Here's an email about the GNS-XLS that was distributed on NBAA airmail....the link is relevant to all units.

To all GNS-XLS users:

I received this communication today from Honeywell. This is a reversal of what we were told last month.

WRT: Further communications concerning AC 90-100 compliance

Capthuff said:
97 Grand to replace the XLS with a UNS-1ESP @ Cessna
It's too bad, all of those Global GNS-Xlses out there and they don't even make decent boat anchors. I'll make someone a deal on a couple of them - I'll even throw in the anchor line.

'Sled

We are looking at selling our 31 and getting an Ultra. One of the concerns is of course how this A-C affects our operation as most of the Ultras have the GNS box.
So, Sled, master of all things regulatory, with the GNS do you still file /L and just decline the DP or STAR if assigned?

Also if anyone has an Ultra they want to sell please let me know.
And if you are looking for a LR 31 - PM me

Capthuff said:
...with the GNS do you still file /L and just decline the DP or STAR if assigned?
That is my current understanding. Of course this just applies to the class A and class B procedures. I would imagine that Universal would be more that happy to sell you one or two of their boxes to install in your Ultra.

'Sled

Latest resources

Back