• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Two Pilot Marriages

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Up to what age? Kids can be very very cruel. Look at some of the things that go on in schools.

And who shows them how to behave that way..... Or not to be have that way....

Kids and schools add value to a home? After all the tax increases due to all the schools, I think it's a wash if you are lucky.

Maybe

Just to add to my last post (I couldn't edit it for some reason)......

I have seen my mom (awesome woman) do things that are wrong.....I could just do the same crap (which I don't because I don't agree with it or whatever) and blame it on her but the fact of the matter is is that you can't blame all of someone's behavior on their parents.

Well, I know what you are getting at.....sure, parents do but the reality is that kids are influenced by more people than just their parents.

Just to add to my last post (I couldn't edit it for some reason)......

I have seen my mom (awesome woman) do things that are wrong.....I could just do the same crap (which I don't because I don't agree with it or whatever) and blame it on her but the fact of the matter is is that you can't blame all of someone's behavior on their parents.

A friend is a school principal. A collegue at another school who issues laptops to students found a video of the student doing two guys. They called the Mom and and Mom was shocked. When Mom pressed the girl as to why should would do this she cried "Cause I saw you do it Mom!"

Mom shut up and shrunk in her chair....

Aw...that is cute...kids are influenced by thier peers.....

Can I hold the peers accountable?

When I grew up if a teacher called my house and said I was misbehaving my parents took the teachers word, got down to the bottom of it and corrected my behavior....

Today, when a teacher talks to a parent about poor child behavior the parent denies and makes counter accusations.... not my kid!

Unless of course there is video of your daughter doing two guys and she says she learned from you......

You better behave then Rez. (if your kids catch you and the wife having sex, does that mean that they are now allowed to have sex too? or does it mean that now that you have kids, you no longer have sex?)

When I grew up if a teacher called my house and said I was misbehaving my parents took the teachers word, got down to the bottom of it and corrected my behavior....

Today, when a teacher talks to a parent about poor child behavior the parent denies and makes counter accusations.... not my kid!

You are totally right. That's completely f***ed up but that's not my point. My point is is that kids are influenced by more people than just their parents. I don't know what you could do to others as far as holding them accountable but you sure as he!! shouldn't necessarily hold parents accountable for every little thing a child does. You cannot control every single thing your kid does.

Oh God, I have watched tis thread deteriorate to this level, and now I need to jump in.
My discaiimer:
I have one child, a daughter, who has just turned 30. still single.
Our family is still 2 parents, but both had full time careers from her age of 2.
I owned a FBO an charter company during all of her high school and college years. So, how many hours did she see me at home? But, she did see what I was doing, and why. And, that instilled a certain work ethic and drive, which I hope she uses today.
Now:
Yes, as Mega states, kids are infuenced by many people other than their parents over the years. But, they still need to get the "basic" infuence from home. Home can be the parents, grand parents, whatever. But, home is where all the good, OR NEGATIVE, is instilled.

Parents, as much as we want to be, CANNOT BE THE BEST FRIEND from age 0 to 18. After that, be a good friend, but be a parent. If it isn't right by then, too late anyway.

Do parents make mistakes??? Of course. Did anybody here get the manual? Did your parents show you the manuel they got????
Nobody is truly prepaired to be a parent, I know I wasn't. Did I make dumb mistakes? You bet. Will my daughter make some,, I'm sure. Hey, Mega,, you think you won't? I know you are way too intelligent to know better. It is a changing thing, that none of us get any schooling for.
But if you care, spend time, make the best of the TIME YOU HAVE, and it will all work out.
By the way, I never, ever spanked my child. We had the count of one, two, three. If she missbehaved, we just started counting s l o w l y, one, two, three. She knew something bad was going to happen at three, and even as an infant, knew she didn't want to get there.

Best to all parents, and those heading that way.

Hung

Hey, Mega,, you think you won't? I know you are way too intelligent to know better. It is a changing thing, that none of us get any schooling for.
But if you care, spend time, make the best of the TIME YOU HAVE, and it will all work out.

Hung

Nope. I am perfect now, therefore I will be a perfect parent......teee hee

I agree with you.

Latest resources

Back