Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
FlyUnited said:
Rez,

All due respect. But that is exactly what it sounds like your posts are saying. You have stated, over and over, that kids want BOTH parents to be home. (Mr Obvious says "doh") So why don't you go apply over at the local WalMart and give the kid exactly what he wants? Or better, apply over at Publix as a stockboy at night. Then you will be free all day to play with the little guy.

Because that is not the discussion.

I have moral, legal, financial and ethical obligations to go to work and generate income. You don't.

This isn't a discussion about pilots who don't do day trips shouldn't be parents.

Let's be blunt: You had rather spent less time with your kids and go to work instead. You didn't need the money. It is not a food shelter clothing issue. It is a me-ism issue. I don't know what else to call it....

At least have some integrity and admit that.....

Parents choose thier kids, but kids don't choose thier parents.

FlyUnited said:
Some women really want to be home, and for that I applaud them. I never really wanted to have kids but he wanted them a lot. So he had to be willing to accept the sacrifices that he would have to make. He did GREAT!!! And the kids are healthy, happy and still costing me a TON OF MONEY!

Kinda says it all right there.... your kids know this?

LOL....it's a "legal" issue? Why is it a "legal" issue for you but not for me?

Like Mega said, enough. You've proven exactly what type of ignorant person you are and I just hope your enormously happy wife never chooses to boot you to the curb because you are obviously unable to take any route except the route you've chosen for all of us.

Gosh, I sure hope that kid doesn't come home from school one day, dressed in his goth outfit with a nipple piercing to match his tongue. Who would you blame then? Probably your wife. Ugghhh, poor girl. Tell her to give Mega and me a call, we'll set her straight. Does she ever wear pants?

FlyUnited said:
LOL....it's a "legal" issue? Why is it a "legal" issue for you but not for me?

As the only spouse generating income to pay the house note you want to know why it is a legal issue for me? I guess when all your income is descretionary, you don't have real responsibilites at home. But that is a good thing otherwise you'd be..... one of those...............

FlyUnited said:
housewives around the block [who] appear to enjoy mixing the drinks with pills. Oh yes, good to keep her bored to the point that she needs to be trashed everyday to survive. You know the ones, always smiling that Stepford Wife smile as she helps the kiddies paste buttons on pinecones.....as she gulps down a few pills with a vodka straight up. Oh yes, that's good parenting alright.
But then again the burden and sacrifice of raising your kids is on your husband not you.

Your attitudes lead me to believe that most men work to pay the bills and provide for the family while women [like you] who work do it to prove they can. Now I know this isn't true because there are (probably) more women that work very hard and struggle just to put food on the table...

Sounds like you got cush [florida?] life. Husband wanted kids so you said..

FlyUnited said:
I never really wanted to have kids but he wanted them a lot. So he had to be willing to accept the sacrifices that he would have to make.
..........So you fly your trips, drop them when you want or can.. Also, if you stop working for whatever reason the bills are still going to get paid... So basically it seems you get paid to prove you can pee standing up just like the rest of the "guys." With the luxury of knowing you don't have to work and descretionary income, you got yourself a good gig.

FlyUnited said:
Like Mega said, enough. You've proven exactly what type of ignorant person you are and I just hope your enormously happy wife never chooses to boot you to the curb because you are obviously unable to take any route except the route you've chosen for all of us.

So you won't respond to the statments that you made but you'll pity on my wife. You're a gem. Have you ever considered that some women don't need to prove themselves at the expense of thier children. That they actually like playing with children, mentoring them and watching them grow. Some women actually don't think of thier kids as "costing me a TON OF MONEY".

FlyUnited said:
Gosh, I sure hope that kid doesn't come home from school one day, dressed in his goth outfit with a nipple piercing to match his tongue. Who would you blame then? Probably your wife. Ugghhh, poor girl. Tell her to give Mega and me a call, we'll set her straight. Does she ever wear pants?

So now you are trying to type cast "my kid". I thought we were talking about two pilot marriages which is you, not me.

There is a chance my kid will be a goth wierdo with ink and metal in his face.... but at least will be able to say that I wanted him in the first place.

Another pilot has many advangtages...Children is Definately not one of them. One of you will have to quit. I know two pilot moms who found it too difficult and quit.

ferlo said:
One of you will have to quit. I know two pilot moms who found it too difficult and quit.

Ok, I said I was outta here but I am back.

I have been told this before..."one of you will have to quit" It's funny though because it's always someone whose wife or husband stay at home with the kids. The 2 pilot couples always say "oh, you definitely can do it". It gets on my nerves when people tell me what I am going to "have" to do. Just because some people can't handle things doesn't mean others can't. It kind of reminds me of the people that said "You want to be a pilot? It's so hard to become a pilot. Do you really want to do it? It's soooo hard to become a pilot". If I would have listened to their weak a## and said "well, it's hard to become one so I might as well not do it", I probably be flipping burgers right now. Things in this world aren't easy folks but just because you can't hack it....doesn't mean someone else can't either.

flyunited, your argument doesn't convince me. Sure the 2 pilot thing will work if you can drop your line or each of you can drop to 40 hours. That isn't a 2 pilot household, thats a one pilot household split between two people.

No, not exactly. If you both plan to work all the time, then why have a child at all? And not just in aviation, in any field. If you want kids, you need to prioritize your life.

I'm saying, simply, if a woman or man wants to stay home with children, then that person would make a wonderful parent. If one parent is FORCED to stay home because the other one tells them they must, then that is a recipe for disaster.

Anyways, it worked for us and the kids turned out great. I do seem to find it interesting that the most vocal people about forcing women into stay home momhood (made that up myself) usually seem to be the men. I wonder why that is?

FlyUnited said:
I do seem to find it interesting that the most vocal people about forcing women into stay home momhood (made that up myself) usually seem to be the men. I wonder why that is?

It's like men talking about whether abortion should be legal or not. They should have no say in any of it.

I fly corporate and my husband flys for a major and we make it work!! I wouldn't change a thing! We are both understanding of each others schedule!

Latest resources

Back