Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Two people in Aviation with Kids. Does it work?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
FMS Speed-

I am talking about Air Line flying... not combat. When it comes to two fighter pilots battling for air supremacy, I don't want a 120lb girl ulling 7g's against a 220lbs adeversary.

I am talking about Air Line flying...where after the interview, we are all equal and we only compete within ourselves and the standards. There is no competition in Air Line flying.

Again, if an male can handle an airbus sidestick better than a female...let's have some reference..

FMS Speed-

Again, if an male can handle an airbus sidestick better than a female...let's have some reference..

Not all planes are fbw.. I think the MD-11, DC-8, 747 family, 737's and a few others are strength dependant.. but you've sucked me back into this thread! I am really going now! :D

Is that why we see so many physically fit 747 pilots? Poor guys and gals have been in there working out for the last 15 hours. :smash:

Can't take the heat anymore FMS? I hear they are hiring flight attendants now. That's one way you can see the inside of a 747. Let me know, I'll get you an apron.

Not all planes are fbw.. I think the MD-11, DC-8, 747 family, 737's and a few others are strength dependant.. but you've sucked me back into this thread! I am really going now! :D

sounds good! Let's have those accident reports that shows reduced muscle strength contributed or caused or did not prevent an accident. One thing that I think is one your side is I doubt the NTSB will state "not strong enough due to female body" rather you'll just get "failure to control".

But instead...how about...

If the above family of a/c are strength dependent, what are the values? Units of torque? Units of work/force? Has the a/c manf. stated the minimum strength required to operate this jet is ___. Maybe checkrides should start at the gym.

He's applying at VA

Skybus....VA.....same $hitholes...different paintjobs.

I can't believe this neanderthal has hijacked this thread to the point of talking about men fly better airplanes than women.....what a knucklehead! FMS, you should go to confession right now and ask for forgiveness.....

has hijacked this thread to the point of talking about men fly better airplanes than women.....what a knucklehead! FMS, you should go to confession right now and ask for forgiveness.....

In my experience, both as an airline pilot and a flight instructor, women in the cockpit are generally one extreme or the other. If you rate a pilot based on flying skill, decision making, and communication, they're either the best pilot you've ever seen, or the worst ever. Since the really bad ones tend to weed themselves out by the time you get to the airline level, you see few really bad ones.

Men on the other hand tend to be always mediocre. You see some good ones and some not so good ones, but it's rare to see an extreme.

I think this in part is because women are better at multitasking and communicating than men. And since the evolutionary traits of sexual dimorphism are never absolute, you often find women with skills men traditionally excel at, as well as men with skills women traditionally excel at. A woman who possesses the traditionally male talent of mechanical aptitude, coupled with her other natural talents has everything a pilot needs to be successful.

Men on the other hand tend to have excellent mechanical ability, but lack multitasking and communication skills. This is what makes them mediocre overall, with the exception, of course, of the rare male who has the gift of communication and multitasking. Oh and EMPATHY (are you listening FMS-SPEED and REZ)?

All of you men advising these women on how to balance their careers and family lives are laughable, and demonstrate a clear lack of it. You are defining the "traditional" roles of men and women as though sexual dimorphism is absolute. It is not.

This is a constant struggle for women (the balance of career vs. family) because they are defined much more by their traditional role in society than men are. So when a woman finds herself with mechanical skill and works her way into a male profession, she's belittled, ridiculed, and told she's only there to fill a quota. Then, when she one day gets pregnant, she's often pushed to the fringe and made to feel like a bad person for not wanting to give the career up because of something happening to her that she can't control, may not have planned for, may not even like, and is irreversible. No man can appreciate that because there is nothing we face that even comes close.

Also, if a man decides to quit work and raise the kids it's a choice. Men can leave the situation. Women cannot because they are physically and emotionally bound. When it comes to pregnancy, childbirth, and child raising, the women are stuck with the task whether they like it or not, because they are the ones with it inside of them, and dependent on them. They also have a bond with the child that no man can ever understand, which keeps them from leaving it after its born. So like it or not, she often finds herself sacrificing her career for her family.

So try to show a little empathy to women like Megadeth, and just listen to them, rather than offer unsolicited advice. That's another difference between men and women that most men don't handle well. Also one that breeds resentment between the sexes... as seen in this thread.

WHY MEN ARE HAPPIER

Your last name stays put.
The garage is all yours.
Wedding plans take care of themselves.
Chocolate is just another snack.
You can be President.
You can never be pregnant.(PLUS)
You can wear a white T-shirt to a water park.
You can wear NO shirt to a water park.
Car mechanics tell you the truth.
The world is your urinal.
You never have to drive to another gas station restroom because this
one is just too icky.
You don't have to stop and think of which way to turn a nut on a bolt.
Same work, more pay.
Wrinkles add character.
Wedding dress $5000 …… Tux rental $100.
People never stare at your chest when you're talking to them.
The occasional well-rendered belch is practically expected.
New shoes don't cut, blister, or mangle your feet.
One mood all the time.
Phone conversations are over in 30 seconds flat.
You know stuff about tanks.
A five-day vacation requires only one suitcase.
You can open all your own jars.
You get extra credit for the slightest act of thoughtfulness.
If someone forgets to invite you, he or she can still be your friend.
Your underwear is $8.95 for a three-pack.
Three pairs of shoes are more than enough.
You almost never have strap problems in public.
You are unable to see wrinkles in your clothes.
Everything on your face stays its original color.
The same hairstyle lasts for years, maybe decades.
You only have to shave your face and neck.
You can play with toys all your life.
Your belly usually hides your big hips.
One wallet and one pair of shoes -- one color for all seasons.
You can wear shorts no matter how your legs look.
You can "do" your nails with a pocket knife.

LOL, that's so true FlyUnited. We have it easy.

Let's start a list of things you have better. There aren't as many.

You can go to a bar and not take any money.
Beer is beer, regardless of brand.
You rarely have to open a door yourself (not so much anymore, though).
You never need to worry about getting into a bar fight.
You always look good (to us) no matter what you wear.
You never feel self conscious when walking into Michaels or Linens-N-Things.
You have a bond with the kids we'll never understand.
You never have to worry about being stranded if your car breaks down.
It's perfectly acceptable for you to be a full time parent, if you so choose.
You can be entertained for hours a day by soap operas.
You know stuff about relationships.
You know stuff about decorating.
Bodily fluids don't gross you out.
Shopping isn't a chore.
Crying can get you out of a traffic ticket.
You can sew your own clothes.
You can think about more than one thing at a time.
Your skin never gets rough.
It's perfectly acceptable to use skin lotion.
You don't have hair growing in strange places (back, butt, nose, ears).
You only have to shave a few times a week (or for special occasions).

Anything I left out?

John...you got the big picture man!

Although, I can't sew my own clothes.
If my car broke down, I'd be worried about getting murdered by someone who stopped (I watch a lot of those A&E American Justice and Cold Case Files shows).
I'm not that great at decorating.
I never had to cry to get out of a ticket....I just told the cop I'm an ER nurse and it worked like a charm every time.....tee heee
I also always took money to the bar because I'd rather pay $5 for my own drink than have some schmuck buy me one and then I would feel obligated to talk to him. Not worth the hassle. ;)

John...you got the big picture man!

Although, I can't sew my own clothes.
If my car broke down, I'd be worried about getting murdered by someone who stopped (I watch a lot of those A&E American Justice and Cold Case Files shows).
I'm not that great at decorating.
I never had to cry to get out of a ticket....I just told the cop I'm an ER nurse and it worked like a charm every time.....tee heee
I also always took money to the bar because I'd rather pay $5 for my own drink than have some schmuck buy me one and then I would feel obligated to talk to him. Not worth the hassle. ;)

Well clearly, you're not a Southern Belle, like my wive ;)

Latest resources

Back