Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Two people in Aviation with Kids. Does it work?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
One thing I can't do is get pregnant, lactate and breast feed. It is also proven that women are better at caring for infants than men.

Ok, here is the post in question. True, men cannot get pregnant nor can they breast feed, but where I took issue is where you stated that "It is also proven that women are better at caring for infants than men". Also, meaning, in addition to the above statement. What I asked for was your proof that women are better at caring for infants than men. We aren't talking about breastfeeding, we're talking care. There are women in prison for child abuse who can breastfeed a baby, does that make her a caring mother? (to answer your question. no, I didn't breastfeed....I didn't think it was fair that I would have to get up at night for every feeding. We took turns)

I've told you before to quote each part of the post and address the issue.
Just because you tell your wife what to do doesn't mean that everyone else is going to fall into line.

So YOU went to the grocery store, big deal, I go every week. Should we be impressed? The real question is, did you prepare the shopping list, decide what the family was having for all the meals, make sure to buy food the kids will eat for lunch, remember all the cleaning supplies that were used this week, AND take both kids with you too? If you didn't, so what.

And nothing I hate more than Ohio State/Columbus!

That's my real reason for disliking Skybus. :)

At least we got past #10 Penn St. And THE Ohio State University crushed Northwestern. Whoopee.

HAIL TO THE VICTORS, VALIANT, HAIL TO OUR FIGHTING HEROES! HAIL! HAIL! MICHIGAN! THE CHAMPIONS OF THE WEST!!!

You accuse us of making personal attacks?

Obviously you don't know what a personal attack is...since you take everything personally..

a personal attack is something like this...

Though pilots tend to have a propensity for it, not all guys are d*cks. Some of us do "get it".

Hello, pot, meet the kettle.

John.. I am debating the issue. So you call me a d*ck and I say a parent should stay at home with kids...

This isn't a debate, it's you being ignorant and us calling you on it.

Another personal attack.. John.. you don't know the difference...

Unfortunately, you're too arrogant and pig headed to even consider that YOU man be the one out of line.

More personal attacks...

What is out of line?

You're welcome to your opinions, but not all opinions were meant to be shared in public.

So now you are [trying] limiting my ability to opine?

This isn't "public" john... this is a password controlled forum. Guess what.. if you don't want to read about aviation..then don't sign up/on. If you don't want to know about two pilots and kids...don't click this thread... John..c'mon.. you can do better than this..

Clearly, your impression of womens' place in society is on par with the men of Riyadh.

Again.. you are trying to debate your perception.. find a quote that says my opinions are oppressive to women?

That's fine, just don't get mad when some of us who are more enlightened disagree with you and don't take it personally.

A 50% divorce rate and kids on meds is enlightened? Our current society of hypercomsumption and hypermaterialism, competitivness, lawsuit crazy, everyone vs everyone is ELIGHTENED!!???

John... I haven't taken anything personally.. even your name calling.. see above..

And don't think you're going to "win" a debate on it.

maybe I am seeing both sides by particapting in the debate.

Oh, and when I need a lesson on how to post to a message board, I'll be sure to ask.

You know how to post... you can't debate on a message board... you fail to quote each part you respond to and you make your debate opponent into something that is easy for you to detest..... instead of the issue..

Obviously you don't know what a personal attack is...since you take everything personally..

a personal attack is something like this...

John.. I am debating the issue. So you call me a d*ck and I say a parent should stay at home with kids...

Another personal attack.. John.. you don't know the difference...

More personal attacks...

What is out of line?

So now you are [trying] limiting my ability to opine?

This isn't "public" john... this is a password controlled forum. Guess what.. if you don't want to read about aviation..then don't sign up/on. If you don't want to know about two pilots and kids...don't click this thread... John..c'mon.. you can do better than this..

Again.. you are trying to debate your perception.. find a quote that says my opinions are oppressive to women?

A 50% divorce rate and kids on meds is enlightened? Our current society of hypercomsumption and hypermaterialism, competitivness, lawsuit crazy, everyone vs everyone is ELIGHTENED!!???

John... I haven't taken anything personally.. even your name calling.. see above..

maybe I am seeing both sides by particapting in the debate.

You know how to post... you can't debate on a message board... you fail to quote each part you respond to and you make your debate opponent into something that is easy for you to detest..... instead of the issue..

Hey, Rez, ok, I'll give up. You win. Clearly you need that. You've earned your manhood for the day. You "outdebated me"

I think FlyUnited said it best when she said "Just because you tell your wife what to do doesn't mean that everyone else is going to fall into line".

Good luck, sir! JP out!

Ok, here is the post in question. True, men cannot get pregnant nor can they breast feed, but where I took issue is where you stated that "It is also proven that women are better at caring for infants than men".

Well, if men are better why did women do it for the last 5000+ years?

Also, meaning, in addition to the above statement. What I asked for was your proof that women are better at caring for infants than men. We aren't talking about breastfeeding, we're talking care.

Women have a hormone called oxytocin..
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/oxytocin

It helps with contractions, causes lactation and the desire to comfort and cuddle a cry child.

(sorry about the bold, I can't turn it off..)
<H3 class=post-title>The Trust and Caring Hormones

Oxytocin and vasopressin, made in the pituitary gland, turn out to be multi-purpose hormones, not just for giving milk and water balance. They are central in promoting social bonding behavior in rats and monkey, and now apparently also in humans. . Giving people a nasal spray of oxytocin raises their trust, as tested in a game devised by Kosfeld et al. They show that the effect of oxytocin on trust is not due to a general increase in the readiness to bear risks. Rather, it specifically affects an individual's willingness to accept social risks arising through interpersonal interactions. The results concur with animal research suggesting an essential role for oxytocin as a biological basis of prosocial approach behavior.

Oxytocin levels normally rise during physical interaction of children and their mothers.
Seth Pollack has shown that this rise is not observed in children that have been neglected in Eastern European orphanages and then adopted by parents in the United States. These children have difficultly forming social relationships, even after being adopted into loving families, apparently because the oxytocin system has not developed to give a positive feeling about social interactions.

</H3>​

There are women in prison for child abuse who can breastfeed a baby, does that make her a caring mother?

Using incarcerated women for your debate doesn't help...

(to answer your question. no, I didn't breastfeed....I didn't think it was fair that I would have to get up at night for every feeding. We took turns)

Fair!? You denied your baby(ies) breast milk (or did you pump?) because you wanted equality in late night feedings??? This is the basis of my position... rejecting the needs of children for sociopolitical wants. I am not saying this was your entire modus operandus....

There is a huge debate on breast milk... is this why? Which do you think is better for an infant. Mom's milk or formula?

Just because you tell your wife what to do doesn't mean that everyone else is going to fall into line.

That woman is tough...

So YOU went to the grocery store, big deal, I go every week. Should we be impressed?

Does your man go alone with the kids so you can have some free time?

The real question is, did you prepare the shopping list, decide what the family was having for all the meals, make sure to buy food the kids will eat for lunch, remember all the cleaning supplies that were used this week, AND take both kids with you too?

Yes. What I didn't and couldn't do was lactate.

If you didn't, so what.

So men are helping more with domestic jobs and the answer is so what? Let me guess, you've been doing it since the begining of time and its our turn anyway? "Shut up and vacuum, boy?"

Hey, Rez, ok, I'll give up. You win. Clearly you need that. You've earned your manhood for the day. You "outdebated me"

John... if you can stick with the debate...go for it... if you can't then resign....

I think FlyUnited said it best when she said "Just because you tell your wife what to do doesn't mean that everyone else is going to fall into line".

Another personal attack...this time on my wife...too

Good luck, sir! JP out!

Latest resources

Back