Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Two people in Aviation with Kids. Does it work?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Mega- I thought you were drained of this thread and told me to let it go?

I disagree with FMS-Speed that men are better pilots. I think women make great pilots and sometimes better... even better than me. ;)

The fact is, women make better care givers for infants. Something that you and FlyUAL haven't been able to counter. FLYUAL did a great job staying at home for the formitive years... What is best for an infant is the best care possible. That is from Mom and of course support from Dad. Will a day care provider provide better care for your infant than you?

In addition, you two are also unable to counter the two news articles: the shifted sociopolitical environement from housewife to professional yields women are less happy.

As stated earlier, I don't understand how the working CEO stated she is a better mom cause she works. After talking to child development expert it was stated that raising children is much more difficult than working. IOW it is easier to fly a jet than be a full time parent.

We are a product of conditioning and our environment. Just as a welfare recipient will continue to take a free handout, women will continue to validate thier worth via societies rules. Which is being a stay at home mom is worthless and invisible as opposed to a working professional. What is a bright, intelligent (and in the case of you and FlyUAL, good looking :) ) women of free will supposed to do?

Rez, it's not my opinion, it's science.. there is a statistically higher rate of men with the spacial skills needed to fly, and there is also a statistically higher rate of men with the physical strength to work controls that may be in a reversionary mode. i.e. try flying a MD-11 or DC-10 on one hydraulic system.. it's a two man job on a good day.

anyway, I'm not one for PC so if that offends anyone sorry.

Rez, it's not my opinion, it's science.. there is a statistically higher rate of men with the spacial skills needed to fly, and there is also a statistically higher rate of men with the physical strength to work controls that may be in a reversionary mode. i.e. try flying a MD-11 or DC-10 on one hydraulic system.. it's a two man job on a good day.

anyway, I'm not one for PC so if that offends anyone sorry.

So you are saying that an all female crew on UAL's Souix City accident (unmanned as they like to say...) would have not been as successful?

1. Mega- I thought you were drained of this thread and told me to let it go?

2. I disagree with FMS-Speed that men are better pilots. I think women make great pilots and sometimes better... even better than me. ;)

3. The fact is, women make better care givers for infants. Will a day care provider provide better care for your infant than you?

4. In addition, you two are also unable to counter the two news articles: the shifted sociopolitical environement from housewife to professional yields women are less happy.

1. I was but a 4 day drive from California to Illinois with no Flightinfo got me to recoup. Not only that, but I really was done until Mr. "Catholic" came on here with his nonsense. You are actually more reasonable than this ding dong.....I can't believe I just said that. ;)

2. Thanks man!

3. That may be so. No, of course daycare won't care for your child better than a parent (hopefully). I never said that. I also agree with you that it's better to have a parent at home with the kids but you take it to the extreme saying someone should never want a break. You never addressed the opposite schedule thing which does make A parent available most times. Life (and children) is about sacrifice....some people think that sacrificing their career to be at home with their kids 24/7 is the better choice....I think sacrificing my career is unwise and so does my fiancee, therefore we will sacrifice our time together by bidding opposite schedules....where is the difference? We hardly see eachother as it is so what is the difference? This was discussed at length many times between us and we both know that opposite schedules was the sacrifice WE would make for our kids. Sorry, but anyone willing to give up a multi million dollar career to play mommy rather than balance it out with dad helping out a bit is whacky and unwise.....but ONCE AGAIN....this is a broken record between us....we will never agree on this so let's let this go.

4. Uh, you can count me out of this one. I really don't have any need, desire or time to counter any articles. If other women were happier playing Suzie Homemaker than having financial and life independence, then they should go back to letting a man control them......that's their business. I wasn't raised that way and that would not make me happy...it would make me miserable. I only have one life to live and I want it to be a happy one.

1. I was but a 4 day drive from California to Illinois with no Flightinfo got me to recoup. Not only that, but I really was done until Mr. "Catholic" came on here with his nonsense. You are actually more reasonable than this ding dong.....I can't believe I just said that. ;)

So it like that with you..... got it... :eek:

2. Thanks man!

In the end its all good..

3. That may be so. No, of course daycare won't care for your child better than a parent (hopefully). I never said that. I also agree with you that it's better to have a parent at home with the kids but you take it to the extreme saying someone should never want a break. You never addressed the opposite schedule thing which does make A parent available most times. Life (and children) is about sacrifice....some people think that sacrificing their career to be at home with their kids 24/7 is the better choice....I think sacrificing my career is unwise and so does my fiancee, therefore we will sacrifice our time together by bidding opposite schedules....where is the difference? We hardly see eachother as it is so what is the difference? This was discussed at length many times between us and we both know that opposite schedules was the sacrifice WE would make for our kids. Sorry, but anyone willing to give up a multi million dollar career to play mommy rather than balance it out with dad helping out a bit is whacky and unwise.....but ONCE AGAIN....this is a broken record between us....we will never agree on this so let's let this go.

Consider 'modeling' or 'behavior by example'. What type of relationship are you showing the little one? Tag team parenting? When one comes home the other leaves? That long term committed relationships are really 24-48 hours sessions with 4-7 day blocks of FL350 at .8?

Relationships are like sex. If a couple is comfortable with ball gags, midgets and jello, then go for it! But when kids get involved... they are like copy machines! And applying complex adult socio paradigms to child development is..... debatable?

Finally, kids are not dumb... they will ask hard questions. A friendly heads up...be prepared.

4. Uh, you can count me out of this one. I really don't have any need, desire or time to counter any articles. If other women were happier playing Suzie Homemaker than having financial and life independence, then they should go back to letting a man control them......that's their business. I wasn't raised that way and that would not make me happy...it would make me miserable. I only have one life to live and I want it to be a happy one.

You are trading one for the other. What is this "a man control them" It seems you can think only one way on this... You aren't seeking stability, rather just seeking out the lesser of two evils...

1. Finally, kids are not dumb... they will ask hard questions. A friendly heads up...be prepared.

2. You are trading one for the other. What is this "a man control them" It seems you can think only one way on this... You aren't seeking stability, rather just seeking out the lesser of two evils...

1. No doubt. They are very intuitive.
I will answer...."Johnny, you like that bike you have or not?" LOL! Just kidding. They will be fine but thanks for the heads up.

2. Sure dude, whatever you want to think. Yup, that's it. Looks like we both only think one way on this subject, which is why I just said let's let it lie.

By the way, until I see you hassle the guys on the other thread about their wives working, I am just not taking you seriously anymore. Once I realized what is going on, you have lost some credibility with me bro.

By the way, until I see you hassle the guys on the other thread about their wives working, I am just not taking you seriously anymore. Once I realized what is going on, you have lost some credibility with me bro.

Whoa.... easy girl.. you have picked and choosen what you respond too.. but if you want me to climb on and ride them like a show pony, like I have with you and flyual...then say the word!:beer:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back