Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Two people in Aviation with Kids. Does it work?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So very true... in addition.. it is also... what is more important... social recognition in the work place and more money... or being the best parent you can.....

Gotta watch that second income... it can get sucked away real quick by child care costs, etc....

Children want to be with Mom and Dad. Period. You'll get weak excuses like... we both work, but our time with our kids is quality time..... :rolleyes:

Strongly agree. Wife shouldn't have to work to make ends meet. If she does then you need to downsize lifestyle. Kids should be #1 priority for mom and career put on hold. My wife and her friends are all highly educated women who put their careers on hold util the kids at lease finish elementary school.

But to each their own, plus it just gives my kids more competitive edge when people put theirs in daycare ;)

How about the ones who hire incredibly high priced drivers, educators and nannies just for their kids. (and the wife still stays home, most of the time) Do you think that is unfair when your kids can't compete with them?

Stop trying to act superior....you aren't.

How about the ones who hire incredibly high priced drivers, educators and nannies just for their kids. (and the wife still stays home, most of the time) Do you think that is unfair when your kids can't compete with them?

Stop trying to act superior....you aren't.

Never said I was superior, and no I don't think the nanny babies have it better..

I am saying that kids with a mom at home in the formative years are statistically more likely to succeed than kids without. This is a fact, and my wife with a masters degree from UCLA in education knows this first hand having worked as a teacher before we got married, and SHE demanded that she stay home with our little ones. She is only now returning to work after 7 years.. and then only part time.

Don't get upset with my for your career choices, and I won't judge you on yours (even if I am tempted).

Wait! I get a 'bravo' because I CHOSE to stay home? Sad. (fyi - I work trips occasionally just didn't for the first few years)

It is about choice. And NO, not the choice of 1. have baby, stay home or 2. don't have baby, go to work.

Rez - I know, I know, it took me forever to find my article, but I did. Your article is great, imho, although I find it scary that you missed the message (perhaps her husband doesn't exist) Anyway, here is my article: (Mine is as relevent as everything that has been written for the last 16 pages considering that no one is going to change their stance anyway. Cheers!
WHY MEN ARE HAPPIER

Your last name stays put.
The garage is all yours.
Wedding plans take care of themselves.
Chocolate is just another snack.
You can be President.
You can never be pregnant.(PLUS)
You can wear a white T-shirt to a water park.
You can wear NO shirt to a water park.
Car mechanics tell you the truth.
The world is your urinal.
You never have to drive to another gas station restroom because this
one is just too icky.
You don't have to stop and think of which way to turn a nut on a bolt.
Same work, more pay.
Wrinkles add character.
Wedding dress $5000 …… Tux rental $100.
People never stare at your chest when you're talking to them.
The occasional well-rendered belch is practically expected.
New shoes don't cut, blister, or mangle your feet.
One mood all the time.
Phone conversations are over in 30 seconds flat.
You know stuff about tanks.
A five-day vacation requires only one suitcase.
You can open all your own jars.
You get extra credit for the slightest act of thoughtfulness.
If someone forgets to invite you, he or she can still be your friend.
Your underwear is $8.95 for a three-pack.
Three pairs of shoes are more than enough.
You almost never have strap problems in public.
You are unable to see wrinkles in your clothes.
Everything on your face stays its original color.
The same hairstyle lasts for years, maybe decades.
You only have to shave your face and neck.
You can play with toys all your life.
Your belly usually hides your big hips.
One wallet and one pair of shoes -- one color for all seasons.
You can wear shorts no matter how your legs look.
You can "do" your nails with a pocket knife.

FLYUAL-

Not sure if that is an article from a credible (if there still is one) news source, like the NYT or USAToday. Looks like you searched your old junk emails or maybe one of the members of your "nature and society gave men a better deal so let's just be pissed off" club.. found that email for you...

It just seems like you gals jumped out of the 1950's frying pan and into the 1990's fire. Part of the problem is our society doesn't value mothers. And the feminist movement is largely to blame. Not men. Consider that if a woman had to choose between being a mother to her children or being valued in general, you can see how fustrating the issue can be...

FLYUAL-

Not sure if that is an article from a credible (if there still is one) news source, like the NYT or USAToday. Looks like you searched your old junk emails or maybe one of the members of your "nature and society gave men a better deal so let's just be pissed off" club.. found that email for you...

It just seems like you gals jumped out of the 1950's frying pan and into the 1990's fire. Part of the problem is our society doesn't value mothers. And the feminist movement is largely to blame. Not men. Consider that if a woman had to choose between being a mother to her children or being valued in general, you can see how fustrating the issue can be...

You'd be surprised how many Gen X women are "choosing" home and kids over career though. Our neighborhood is filled with them, as is our church. There are segments of society that prefer the two working professionals lifestyle out there still, but not like with the Baby Boomers and subsequent generation did.. it's a 60's style feminism that has since started to become extinct.

Sorry Rez, I didn't exist in the 50's, so no frying pan for me to jump out of. I just find it hard to believe that any man believes that half of society is perfectly content with only two options in life when they are allowed to choose countless.

(I hope you are kidding, of course that was an email)

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back