Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Two more interviews and I'm calling it Quits For Aviation?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Oh yeah...worst trip to San Antonio EVAR. Woulda gotten drunk at the BW3s across the street afterward but I had to come back the next day for 'additional testing'...

Pilots, First Officers 1/1/07
SkyWest Airlines is celebrating 35 years of service in 07.
SkyWest the nation?s largest independently owned regional carrier, will host recruiting sessions throughout the country to aid in its coast-to-coast expansion for 2007!
How Do I Apply?
Submit an application at www.skywest.com/careers/
Attend a group interview nearest you
To view the Group Interview list please visit our website (www.skywest.com/careers/). Under RECRUITMENT EVENTS click on Pilot.
All qualified Pilots are invited to attend a group interview in St. Louis, MO on January 8th. Details can be found at www.skywest.com/careers/
Unique Benefits
World Wide Travel Benefits
Uniform Allotment
401(k) Plan
Stock Purchase Program
Medical/Dental/Vision
Profit Sharing
SkyWest Airlines employees have access to Delta Air Lines and United Airlines? route structures, as well as a myriad of hotel, cruise lines, rental car agencies and resort discounts.
SkyWest Airlines is recognized as the nation?s top regional airline, partnering with major carriers, Delta and United Airlines. SkyWest currently employs more than 10,000 aviation industry professionals across 133 cities in 38 states and 5 Canadian provinces. Operating more than 1,600 flights per day for United Express and Delta Connection, SkyWest proudly flies the Embraer EMB-120 and the Bombardier CRJ200 and CRJ700.
The Journey Begins Here! www.skywest.com/careers/index.php

Hey I am 0 for 3 at interviews w/ CX, SWA and UPS in 3 years. It is a bitter pill to swallow but I am going to get up dust myself off and improve myself to prove to these companies I am worth their time. Some things come easy to people but for people such as myself it takes a whole lot more moxy and effort. Good luck to you and me, we'll need it.

Keep your head up. Lots of jobs at regionals to be had.... pick a good one, suck up the first year pay, and enjoy the ride. Almost all regionals are now linked to the ATP academy because they are short on qualified people....Jobs are becoming more plentiful and the Legacy carriers are hiring again....

It IS turning around. Get out there and find what suits you. If its not worth a few years of poor pay and schedules to enjoy what you love, then you are better off doing something else. I'll take my "crappy" pay and reserve schedule any day over an office job.... To each their own.

If you want a regional job, it sounds like you have the time for it....Put out your stuff and calls will come. Be careful what you wish for because you just may get it....When it rains it pours....

Good luck.

U-I,
At least the "Kool -Aid" avatar is appropriate. Spending some quality time with ole Kit are ya?

ps: Im not even gonna touch your comments about first year pay and the ATP academy "zero to hero" programs. You are right about one thing...Be careful what you wish for.............

You can always do 20 as a cop, instruct on the side, retire with a pension and then fly when and how much you want. I've have a couple of friends who have done that.

You should know by now this business is tough. As one postersaid, judging by your current flying you should be able to land a job at one of the many regionals hiring right now. You probably have 3 times the amount of time an average new hire does.

KEEP APPLYING!

also, you might consider taking a short break from the world of aviation and discover a few new things. Clear your mind and take a long vacation. Enroll in a continuing ed course at the local school. Involve yourself in new hobbies.

Unless you're a real loser (hopefully not) you will eventually get that job. Maybe some interview resume coaching might help.

Bottom line, if you walk away you'll be back. They all come back.

Latest resources

Back