Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Two MKE Air Cargo Carrier Inc. Shorts Collide in WI.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I heard a United pilot talking to one of the aircraft on 121.5 yesterday evening, All I got out of it, from where I was flying ,was the united guy replying about Dodge county airport Wi and VFR. I guess he was talking to the one that made it. I was over YQG, the United guy was North of Flint. Pray for those on board the one that was lost.

Sticky said:
I'm sorry for your loss tonight. However, there is nothing I said that was inappropriate.

Are you serious?

Sticky said:
very sad to see. I hate to think of the guys that run off to fly this stuff just to grab a few hundred hours of multi.

You have no idea what you are talking about.

Wankel

Hey all,

My condolences. I worked there about 5 and a half years ago. Could someone PM me the names of the crew if it was any of the "old-timers"?

As an aside. This is not a fly by night operation. When I was there it was a well run operation and an outstanding place to build experience. Don't assume just because it is a freight company that it's a shipshod operation.

God bless to the families.

Sticky said:
didn't they have a mid-air a few years ago?
No, ACC did not have another mid-air a few years ago. The only other incident mentioned by the Milwaukee Journal is a runway overrun in Canada a few years back. M. Journal said both pilots were critically injured.

Having flown the SD3 it can be akin to pig wrestling when it comes to turns and such. That said, with or without an autopilot, I found it a fun plane to fly. Sure, it's ugly but it's slow!

My condolences to the family's of those who have suffered a loss. My prayers are for you and yours.

Eric

The Jefferson County coroner said that the three people killed in a collision were two men and a woman. Coroner Patrick Theder said that the victims were from outside Wisconsin. The victims were identified as Robert Chabot, 25, from Texas, and a married couple -- Todd Hagen, 42, and Tracy Marshall-Hagen, 37 -- from Essex Junction, Vt., WISC-TV reported.

The crash occurred when one of the two fixed-wing cargo planes -- know as short 360s -- collided with the other, broke apart and slammed into a farm field near Watertown, killing all three aboard.

The other plane was damaged, but managed to fly to the Dodge County Airport in Juneau. The three aboard that craft escaped injury.

Jeff Baum, the president of Wisconsin Aviation in Watertown, said that the planes had taken off from Milwaukee's Mitchell International Airport and were supposed to land back at Mitchell.

The National Transportation Safety Board investigators said that the planes were making a final test run before heading into service in Iraq on defense contract, WISC-TV reported.

NTSB officials said that the planes were getting ready to go to Iraq and were checking some new fuel tanks that had been added for the long flight...
"Mission was a final check of the fuel systems and all other systems on board the airplane -- and this information is being relayed by the company to us -- before they were supposed to be dispatched for their journey across the Atlantic Ocean," said Todd Fox, NTSB investigator from the West Chicago Field Office.

They were just scheduled to fly for a couple hours -- from Milwaukee to north of Madison and back. The planes were also photographing one another from close range when the plane that eventually crashed and turned sharply into the other plane, WISC-TV reported.

Investigators didn't saying why the crews were taking the pictures, but those photos and some video from the plane that landed safely have been sent to the NTSB's national office for further analysis, WISC-TV reported.
The NTSB is expected to have a preliminary report on the crash by week's end.

anyone know the N numbers, ive gots some stick time on a few of ACC SD3's.

Latest resources

Back