Twin engine down near downtown ATL

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
TonyC said:
Oh, and by the way . . . around here it's "capitalized" with a zee (not a zed), not an ess. :)
Just for the record TonyC the language is English, not American. There's a dialect known as American but there is no such langauge. A "zed" is a "zed" whether or not you like it and it's not color it's colour. :)

Why do you have to be so trivial? I say old chap you're quite trite.

surplus1 said:
Just for the record TonyC the language is English, not American. There's a dialect known as American but there is no such langauge. A "zed" is a "zed" whether or not you like it and it's not color it's colour. :)

Why do you have to be so trivial? I say old chap you're quite trite.
hey surplus1,

What gives you the idea I'm old? :)

Wasn't it that prime minister fella that observed the US and Great Britain are 2 countries separated by a common language? :)

I've got no problem with Brits talkin' Brit, and Mexicans talking Spanish, but it really rubs me wrong when we can't speak our own brand of English in our own country. I know it's polite to say "por favor" and "de nada" in Mexica City, I don't expect "biscuits" for breakfast in Cambridge, and I never ask for a napkin there. But, by golly, I want biscuits with my breakfast here, and I'll need several napkins.

We were (well I was, anyway) just pickin' on ATL2CDG for acting like someone/something he's not. And while geography as it pertains to the internet is ambiguous at best, he knows where I am, and I know where he is, and we don't got no zeds in between! :)

You can have your zeds, and I'll keep my zees, and this is color ! ! !

;)

(Sorry for the late response, I've been on the road with lousy dial-ups, and just lost track of the thread.)

I do have to agree with ATL2CDG on the mindset of the majority of the african-american population. After all the effort MLK put in (and even dying for it) to get the a-a masses into main stream america it hurts to see the current generation trying to move away from it all: own language (ghettonese) that nobody else can understand (good way to keep you separated), own "music", you wear pants about 5 sizes too big so you have to grab your balls to keep them up, stick a comb in your hair. Buy a $200.- piece of junk car, put $2000.- rims on it, install a $5000.- stereo that wakes up an entire city block (got to spend the dope money on something).
If I had my own business and had to hire someone, I rather take the foreigner trying to speak english than the a-a guy who refuses.
And don't forget: it's all the white mans fault...
An African friend of mine once told me: I'm not black, I'm african. I'm better than they are. I work towards my goals without help. They have the help but don't work.
Ever noticed that the a-a that are in respectable positions don't talk ebonics, often don't even want to associate with the general a-a community anymore? I wonder why.

Maybe I sound racist. I'm not. But I'm getting pretty frustrated sometimes

Last edited:
metrodriver said:
I do have to agree with ATL2CDG on the mindset of the majority of the african-american population. After all the effort MLK put in (and even dying for it) to get the a-a masses into main stream america it hurts to see the current generation trying to move away from it all: own language (ghettonese) that nobody else can understand (good way to keep you separated), own "music", you wear pants about 5 sizes too big so you have to grab your balls to keep them up, stick a comb in your hair. Buy a $200.- piece of junk car, put $2000.- rims on it, install a $5000.- stereo that wakes up an entire city block (got to spend the dope money on something).
If I had my own business and had to hire someone, I rather take the foreigner trying to speak english than the a-a guy who refuses.
And don't forget: it's all the white mans fault...
An African friend of mine once told me: I'm not black, I'm african. I'm better than they are. I work towards my goals without help. They have the help but don't work.
Ever noticed that the a-a that are in respectable positions don't talk ebonics, often don't even want to associate with the general a-a community anymore? I wonder why.

Maybe I sound racist. I'm not. But I'm getting pretty frustrated sometimes

Amen to that!

I can go on and on but what good would it do?

The white population that attempts to emulate this behavior is even worse.

here it is.........

NTSB Identification: ATL05FA010
14 CFR Part 91: General Aviation
Accident occurred Tuesday, October 19, 2004 in Atlanta, GA
Aircraft: Beech B-55, registration: N322WW
Injuries: 2 Fatal.

This is preliminary information, subject to change, and may contain errors. Any errors in this report will be corrected when the final report has been completed.

On October 19, 2004 at 1054 eastern daylight time, a twin engine Beech Baron B-55, N322WW, registered to and operated by J&R Aircraft Inc., collided with the ground and burst into flames in front of an automotive repair shop near the Martin Luther King Center in Atlanta, Georgia. The personal flight operated under the provisions of Title 14 CFR Part 91. Instrument meteorological conditions prevailed at the time of the accident and a flight plan was filed. The airplane was substantially damaged. The instrument rated private pilot and passenger were fatally injured. The personal flight departed DeKalb-Peachtree (PDK) Airport in Chamblee, Georgia on October 19, 2004 at 1045.

According to the FAA, the pilot was issued departure information for a south departure to Venice, Florida. About seven miles south of PDK, the pilot reported that he was in trouble. The departure controller immediately issued the pilot radar vector information for an eastbound heading, but the pilot never responded to the radar vector information. Shortly afterward, radio and radar contact was lost. Witnesses in the vicinity of the accident site reported seeing the airplane spinning out of the clouds in a flat attitude. A review of weather data and witness reports reveal that low clouds, fog, heavy rain and thunderstorm activity were in the area at the time of the accident.

Examination of the accident site revealed that the airplane wreckage was scattered over an area 40 feet long and 38 feet wide. The airplane wreckage was adjacent to an automotive repair shop with debris from the right wing resting on the roof. Both the airplane and building sustained fire damage. The airplane rested in the upright position. The cockpit and cabin areas of the airframe were badly fire damaged.

http://www.ntsb.gov/ntsb/brief.asp?ev_id=20041101X01728&key=1

Latest resources

Back