• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Twin Comanche

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If anyone is interested in buying a 1976 PA-30, about 1800hrs. per engine, 7000 hrs. TT asking around 75k, PM me.

skychicken said:
Another thing to watch with them is that some have extended prop sharfts and if you do stalls with full power you can rip the props off. Like everyone says, Its a great airplane and I did all my training in one and also taught in one for a while just be CAREFUL!!

I don't know about all that... but it's true that they have prop extensions, and it's true that they're placarded against power on stalls.

If anyone is interested in buying a 1976 PA-30, about 1800hrs. per engine, 7000 hrs. TT asking around 75k, PM me.
Would you take a trade on a 64 single 250? Im going to look at 2 twincomanches this weekend. Let me know -Tony

JAC2LAS said:
1976 PA-30? that's like 1950 747 :)
Piper stoped making them in 1972..
Any Twinco with those hours is not worth 75K unless it has brand spanking new avionics.

FlyingToIST said:
1976 PA-30? that's like 1950 747 :)
Piper stoped making them in 1972..
Any Twinco with those hours is not worth 75K unless it has brand spanking new avionics.

I have some ocean front propterty in Arizona too! Haha...you got me...it's a 67'...I got it a little backwards...well a lot backwards:)
The avionics arn't brand new by any means, but the 75k seems pretty inline with what I've seen on aso.com. It's not my aircraft though, so I'm not 100% what the guy wants for it, but I think his thinking was around 75, but again, I'm not sure.
With a pretty basic package (dual nav-com, DME, ADF) what do you think it'd be worth?

Had my checkride for my MEI scheduled for tomorrow in the PA-30, but the DE called me and told me that you can't do any type of checkride with breaks only being on the left side. I called the FSDO as well and they agreed. Any suggestions?

I did my MEI about a year ago in a PA30 with no right side brakes, & I did the ride from the right side. We talked before the flight and came up with a procedure when I needed braking, I would calll for it. (I would say "Light braking please" ect.) We treated it like a lesson and systems task. It's totally up to the DE. Find another DE that will do it. I'm sure it was done all the time back in the day when right side brakes were much less common.

I did my MEI ride in a Seneca with only left side brakes. I briefed the DE about the brakes, what I wanted him to do and when, and if he didn't comply I used the parking brake to slow down. It wasn't an issue.

scottn2flying said:
Had my checkride for my MEI scheduled for tomorrow in the PA-30, but the DE called me and told me that you can't do any type of checkride with breaks only being on the left side. I called the FSDO as well and they agreed. Any suggestions?
I did my MEI ride in a PA30 without right side brakes. I don't know where they're coming up with this so-called rule.

Latest resources

Back