TWA Still Kickin'

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
G4G5 said:
And what were the restrictions? Any of the Oz Captains lose any of their seats? Tell us about the fences?

Bob, if you think that some wana be start up like peoples will be compared to TWA for intergration purposes. You keep thinking that. My guess is that the DAL/Pan Am, ALPA/ALPA would most likly be the one that a jury would consider the closest.

funny that is what nAAtives say when i mention the peoples thing...they don't like hearing that part....a start up? with 747's.

Re: TWA still kickin

yaks said:
According to a former OZ pilot they got stapled.

thats bullsheet!! either you are lying or the former OZ pilot is lying!

OZ pilots got Date Of Hire with the merge at TWA in 1986. just look at thier ID's.

Indeed

Well you're quite right RA as you well know.

I bid the place that I could hold the best.

I was only "forced" in the sense that I had to bid somewhere that would keep me off reserve. Couldn't stay here. It meant reserve.

So, you're right. But, I'm sick of this sh*t. I play the cards that are dealt me.

TWA guys want to go back and replay the hand because they don't like how it turned out. They told them the rules to play.............they agreed...........and now they want to change it after the fact to their benefit and our detriment.

Guess what????? When Carty said, ' wave your seniority rights or no deal', they could have told him to stick it up his a$$. Then it would have been no deal and we wouldn't have saved their sorry butts.

But now.........................Boo freakin hooo. They knew the deal. They accepted the deal. And I'm sick of their crying.

Shoulda put em on the street over 2 years ago.

AAflyer said:
G4G5,

Sorry to hear about the furlough, I feel for ALL you guys getting furloughed. It would have been nice if things had been diffrerent.
Record profits, record aircaft orders, and record hiring, Hell we all might be captains by now, including the TWA boys and gals.

Did they get the short end of stick, without a doubt. Would I have been pissed about the integration if I were over there, sure would. Would I have taken the same action as many of them? Probably. This biz is mean, and does not take prisoners.

Do I feel safe here, not in a million years, do I feel arrogant, NO!

Not hiring a furloughed AA pilot beacuse of what happened to TWA, wow talk about petty.

Unity is gone, and I have no idea when it will be back, or if it will!

Good luck to ALL furloughed AA pilots regardless of what uniform you wore 3 years ago.

AAflyer,

P.S. Clownpilot, I am a little confused at how you were FORCED into SLT? I am junior to you and could have held onto the 767/FO/I out of LGA, although it would have been a few numbers from the bottom. How much do you want to bet that your name shows up on the Preference list to goto SLT? Things that make you go HHMMMMMMM. I don't agree with some ofthe actions of the TWA guys and gals, but don't bid into SLT and blame them.

Re: Re: Lil angry are we Bob???????

Pilotbob3 said:
LOL,

stuck? i see that you must have bid to be in SLT/STL in my seat in a 767 at STL

Gee wiz,

I didn't realize that it was 'YOUR' seat.

You need to get in touch with the company and inform them of the issue of 'your seat'.

Or maybe you just don't have a seat and can't accept that.

Hey, Clown,

Please explain for the dumb kids in the audience how exactly you "saved" TW? Just curious. Or how by loudly pronouncing during BK proceedings how AA was going "save the jobs" of TW employees your organization cut other bidders out of the pattern at court. Only to renege on that promise. Explain. Remember, little words, I'm not that bright.

Ozark got DOH. They were restricted to 16 % of the widebody captain seats (since they were now 16% of the whole company). Since they had NO widebodies that was pretty generous. Other than that, they held what their DOH seniority could hold.

Now THAT is a fair intergration!!!!

Re: Indeed

Clownpilot said:
Well you're quite right RA as you well know.

I bid the place that I could hold the best.

I was only "forced" in the sense that I had to bid somewhere that would keep me off reserve. Couldn't stay here. It meant reserve.

So, you're right. But, I'm sick of this sh*t.

BUSTED! LOL Liars are always outed! LOL but it is fun to listen to you spin and justify! LOL I'm sure you will be welcomed in STL after your posts are read! maybe if you didn't have the AArogant AAtitiude you have you wouldn't have to deal with this sh*t you are so sick of! hmmmmmmm?

what a clown! LOL

Re: Re: Re: Lil angry are we Bob???????

Clownpilot said:
Pilotbob3 said:
LOL,

stuck? i see that you must have bid to be in SLT/STL in my seat in a 767 at STL

Gee wiz,

I didn't realize that it was 'YOUR' seat.

You need to get in touch with the company and inform them of the issue of 'your seat'.

Or maybe you just don't have a seat and can't accept that.

LOL,

hook, line and sinker as they say!!! you crack me up! nice to see your name on the preference list stuck guy! LOL

I am not so sure about that.

I have read plenty of posts by former OZ captains like Bob Herbst They are all less then flattering about the TWA intergration. Sure they gave DOH when they intergrated, because most of the OZ folks (captains) were junior to the TWA pilots. Most of them could no longer hold their seats. Some of the OZ captains, spent quite a few years at TWA just trying to get back to their seats ( TWA seat grab). Leaving the younger OZ folks in the lower paying seats (less pay). "But heck we gave them DOH"

All it cost them was their seats and their $$$$$.

None of this was includded into the Supp CC, AA intergration. Anyone who lost a seat or a job did so because of 9/11, the econony, the war in Iraq, yada yada. Not the AA intergration.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back