• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

TWA recall rights at AA ??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
CSY--I meant among the TWA sub-groups. I'll let you know in 20 years if it was a good deal overall or not... ;)

I think you can safely say that the TWA people didn't get as good a deal as the AirCal people (AirCal was on the ropes at the time, too). And, 30% or so got a better deal than the Reno and TransCarib guys.TC

TC- if and when you come back, look forward to sharing a few cold ones, on me.

:beer: ,

Let's all sing!

Koom by ahhh, koom by ahhhhhh....

:nuts:

Yes, I believe old B.D. White (also known as the bottom feeder of my new hire class) is still the pivot man... ahh I mean trigger man for all that fence nonsense. So when he can hold a line in the 777 (about... 2025??) that drops the fence and the hoard invades the sanctified halls.

Then again I have killed some brain cells since I last read that info, and my give a poop level has dropped considerably.

AA717driver said:

I need to buy you a couple as well.

Just spent 7 + hours on the jumpseat coming back from LHR. Was at the Farnborough Airshow. AWESOME. I have some pics of the A340-600, A380 doing some wild stuff.

AA

T.C.

Be careful about that offer because you might end up stapled to the end of the bar.

CLAMBAKE

P.S. It's a joke.

Flythis said:
Hey VAjetlag, how were you "effected" by it? Yes it sucks for the Eagle types, but you guys are the ones who wanted the flush through in the first place. Sometimes the toilet gets backed up, and not always with just your shtt.

To say Eagle wanted the flush through in the first place is complete false statement. You are obviously a short timer or not even around when it went down. More likely you were a short timer at TWA, and have relied upon stories you have heard from others on how they think it went down.

When APA was negotiating with AMR up at Orcas Island the big stumbling block to scope changes and the RJ was job security. I don't blame them a bit for not trusting AMR on this. APA wanted a no furlough clause for all on the property. AMR countered with a guarantee of a job in the left seat of an RJ at Eagle instead of a no furlough clause. They both agreed on it, but now they had to somehow get Eagle ALPA on board. They called Homer to the table at Orcas Island and dictated the terms to him. By the time it got to contractual language it got worse. Letter 3/Supplement W came about to give some type of job security to APA pilots, not because Eagle pilots wanted it in the first place. I don't believe that AMR ever thought they would have to exercise any part of the flowback language.

Ya, hang on to that aa number, it'll come in real handy.

Probably better than my Tower Air seniority number, but no guarantees in this business.

Anybody still hanging on their Pan-Am, Eastern or Braniff number?
Guess a number with AA, Delta, United or USAir may be a better ticket to a future paycheck.
For those who don't think so, resign and move on.
It is all a lottery anyway.

I think you can safely say that the TWA people didn't get as good a deal as the AirCal people (AirCal was on the ropes at the time, too). And, 30% or so got a better deal than the Reno and TransCarib guys.TCYesterday 23:07

No good deals in this business anymore.

The Reno and TransCarib guys did pretty good.
Timing your buyout or Chapter 7-11 is everything, like choosing yer parents..:D

Well, as someone who bailed on TWA (and still misses the people) then got kicked to the curb by DAL, I can honestly say that I am done with the airlines. The top end money may not be as much, but I'm having a blast and making a decent living in the fun filled world of NASCAR aviation. Now if FedEx calls (M&G done) I'm soooo there.

Latest resources

Back