TWA recall rights at AA ??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

kommutrdog

Do TWA pilots who are furloughed from AA have unlimited recall rights or do they turn into pumkins after 5 years the way the FAs do ? I heard a rumor that the "native AA" furloughees have unlimited rights, but that TWA furloughees do not.

Been out of the loop for a while on this issue.

magrs is correct. It had been 7 years but part of the concessionary 2003 contract made it unlimited. We also have the right to defer recall for three years past the time when the most junior guy gets the offer. There's no difference for ex-TWAers or nAAtives.

TWA Dude said:
magrs is correct. It had been 7 years but part of the concessionary 2003 contract made it unlimited. We also have the right to defer recall for three years past the time when the most junior guy gets the offer. There's no difference for ex-TWAers or nAAtives.

Are you going to go back when they recall now that AA is making big bucks again and the jury is still out on how the AWA/U merger will pan out?

The feelings of ill will go really deep. I think most TWA guys at other carriers would rather stay where they are then go back and be super junior, only to be furloughed again. I know I'll only go back if I have no other choice. Having been furloughed once I know that you never want to close a door behind you.

If you haven't been effected by a situation like this it's hard to understand.

The profit is a good sign and I wish the TWA pilots still there, "good luck".

CLAMBAKE

Last edited:
They can defer recall but if they pass recall up and are at AE I believe that they have to resort to what their senority will hold at AE which is FO. If I am correct that means none will do it and become an FO at AE along with the pay cut. Not a flame just a comment.

GuppyKiller said:
Are you going to go back when they recall now that AA is making big bucks again and the jury is still out on how the AWA/U merger will pan out?
If I got the recall letter today I'd take a deferment. Realistically I have several years before I need to make that decision so I don't concern myself with it. At this point the only conceivable reason I'd want to go back would be to be based at ORD (I live in MKE). QOL is about more than just pay and right now at AWA we're treated far better than at AMR.

VAjetlag said:
They can defer recall but if they pass recall up and are at AE I believe that they have to resort to what their senority will hold at AE which is FO. If I am correct that means none will do it and become an FO at AE along with the pay cut. Not a flame just a comment.

AMR will never let that happen. Never.

If you are a flowback captain at AE, do you honestly think that AMR will allow someone already type rated and sitting captain to get bumped to FO and pay for another type rating for some native Eagle FO?

This is currently a bone of contention and is in that murky gray area of so many regional contracts out today. No one can say for certain, but my bets are on flowbacks staying put if AMR has anything to say about it, which, unfortunately they do.

The letter for what it is worth says if the pass on recall they will revert to what there senority will hold. It does not affect me as iam gone, but there would be no bases for them to be able to pass and remain captain. once they pass if the company does not enforce it then ALPA should try to enforce the clause that pay protects all the FO's this new situation would create. FB captain that has passed on recall and is junior to easily a 1000 FO's. Which would cost more?

I could be wrong Letter three also never said that FB's would get years of service for pay and they do which is a huge expense to the company and a boon for ex TWA'rs. Nice guys who got real lucky.

Latest resources

Back