• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

TWA recall rights at AA ??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Not many TWA'ers were allowed to flow back. I am a March 2003 furlough and I wasn't allowed to FB.

pkober said:
Not many TWA'ers were allowed to flow back. I am a March 2003 furlough and I wasn't allowed to FB.

No, you were singled out because you gave your captains so much crap! ;) TC

If I was ex TWA, I probably would be echoing the sentiments of these gentlemen...

It would be a tough choice, and very personal. The state of the industry is in way too much flux right now, despite the good news of the profit - how long will that last? - and you see so many examples of these piots who ended up at much greener pastures. (AA717drver, TWA Dude, PKober, etc.)

And if they do decide to come back - at least we can share 10 years worth of Flightinfo stories over numerous beverages!

wishing everyone out there the best of luck.

VAjetlag said:
The letter for what it is worth says if the pass on recall they will revert to what there senority will hold. It does not affect me as iam gone, but there would be no bases for them to be able to pass and remain captain. once they pass if the company does not enforce it then ALPA should try to enforce the clause that pay protects all the FO's this new situation would create. FB captain that has passed on recall and is junior to easily a 1000 FO's. Which would cost more?

I could be wrong Letter three also never said that FB's would get years of service for pay and they do which is a huge expense to the company and a boon for ex TWA'rs. Nice guys who got real lucky.

Good points all around. I also highly doubt that any flowback captain will forego a recall and stay at AE.

I think the problem lies in the timing of recalls. Say the recalls start up... what is to stop all the flowback captains on reserve from simply quitting and waiting the 1-2 months for their AA call? That puts the lineholding flowbacks on reserve and starts a cycle that AMR wouldn't have the time or money to fix. Naturally it'd be a dream for us FOs, but something the company can't allow to happen.

Your last point is pretty funny seeing as our AE president was complaining about our high cost structure compared to other regionals.

Last edited:
They deserved it because they took all the landings and then wouldn't buy beer.

I have a regular desk job now, and as each day passes, I miss the flying life less and less. I am making about what I made as a six year F/O with AA, but I am home evry night and usually have three day weekends.

Maybe I'll go back in a few years, but for now, happy to be sitting on the sidelines waiting this one out!

Boy, there you go again.......

pkober said:
The feelings of ill will go really deep. I think most TWA guys at other carriers would rather stay where they are then go back and be super junior, only to be furloughed again. I know I'll only go back if I have no other choice. Having been furloughed once I know that you never want to close a door behind you.

If you haven't been effected by a situation like this it's hard to understand.

The profit is a good sign and I wish the TWA pilots still there, "good luck".

CLAMBAKE

Man its' affected not effected!!!!! Get your tenses straight!!!!

Buddy!!!!

magrs said:
I have a regular desk job now, and as each day passes, I miss the flying life less and less. I am making about what I made as a six year F/O with AA, but I am home evry night and usually have three day weekends.

Maybe I'll go back in a few years, but for now, happy to be sitting on the sidelines waiting this one out!

As a fellow TWA'er, you know where I can get one of them home every night jobs like yours!!

AA717driver said:
No, you were singled out because you gave your captains so much crap! ;) TC

Here, Here!!!!!

pkober said:
They deserved it because they took all the landings and then wouldn't buy beer.

:eek: :eek: :eek: TC

Latest resources

Back