TWA pilots now flying for AA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
>>TWA Dude:
>>You make it sound like AA bought TWA just to punish the APA. >>My guess is that AA bought us to make more money.

Of course they did; as you'll find out, AMR management doesn't do anything out of the goodness of their hearts. I'm sure TWA management was the same way.

>>TWA Dude:
>>Try not to feel so bad about it. Maybe, just maybe, it'll turn out >>to be a good thing for AA and thus for all of us.

I certainly hope that's the case, twa dude. And I'm sure we'll all muddle through this somehow. That's pragmatism; let me assure you that I don't walk around all day long tearing my hair out and moaning 'poor me.' I've got a job, which is more than I can say for a few of my friends.

Here's hoping the pie management has baked for us stays big enough for everyone to get a slice.

No more TWA furloughs "planned"

Good news for all of us in this just-issued HI6:

WITH THE RECENT RULING ON AA/TWA SINGLE CARRIER STATUS AND
SUBSEQUENT SENIORITY INTEGRATION, AA WILL RECALL 208 PILOTS IN
THE NEAR FUTURE. THE QUESTION OF HOW THIS WILL AFFECT TWA HAS
BEEN RAISED BY MANY OF OUR PILOTS.
CAPTAIN KUDWA AND I FELT THE FURLOUGH OF ADDITIONAL TWA PILOTS
TO BE REPLACED BY RECALLED AA PILOTS WAS NOT THE BEST COURSE OF
ACTION FOR EITHER OPERATION. IN CONSIDERING ALL COSTS/BENEFITS,
WE WERE ABLE TO DEMONSTRATE TO SENIOR AA MANAGEMENT THE BEST
OPTION WOULD BE TO RETAIN THE RECALLED AA PILOTS IN THE AA
SYSTEM WHILE PREVENTING A FURLOUGH AT TWA.
IT IS WITH GREAT PLEASURE THAT I CAN ANNOUNCE THERE ARE NO
PLANS FOR FUTURE FURLOUGHS AT TWA.
CAPTAIN TERRY TUBB
MANAGING DIRECTOR FLIGHT OPERATIONS

Great news! I'm glad AMR decided to actually use their head and not do a 1-for-1 swap. With what I hear about TWA being short of FO's it wouldn't make any sense to furlough any more.
Despite this being forced on AMR by the supp-CC provision, it looks like it could turn out to be a no-kidding recall of furloughees, rather than just re-shuffling who is furloughed.

That is great news!! I was really nervous being in the 386 that more TW folks would get the boot. I guess there is actually hope after all.

Thanks for the message TWADude!

Don't attribute that to altruism. The operational and cost problems with doing a furlough swap were probably the driving force. This is incremental good news, but we've got a long way to go to get ALL American Airlines (that mean you too now ex-TWAers) pilots back in a cockpit and burning Jet A for fun and profit.

I am glad that there will not be a furlough on the STL side because of our (forced) recall.

Now all I have to do is avoid getting based at LGA and life will be back to fantastic.

"...we've got a long way to go to get ALL American Airlines (that mean you too now ex-TWAers) pilots back in a cockpit and burning Jet A for fun and profit."

Draginass,

I'm usually dogging you for one thing or another but I've got to give you kudos regarding your attitude towards the AA/TWA fiasco. I've noticed a couple of times that your posts embody the spirit of trying to heal the pilot group despite a rotten situation. Bravo Zulu.

Caveman

Latest resources

Back