• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

TWA Lawsuit

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
name one other industry saddled with taking employee's with assets, just one?

I'm waiting.

This whole debacle should have been settled as it eventually was, in the courts, not by legislative meddling into free enterprise operations.

Last edited:
The thought of all the mustache wax that will go unpurchased by ALPA leadership in the lean times ahead is simply heartbreaking.

heard today that the award is 1.2b. I can't verify this. does anyone have any info on this?

The phase of the process to determine the amount of financial liability (if any) hasn't even begun yet. There is another completely separate trial for that.

You bitter TWA guys kill me. For starters, the guys who really screwed you were the APA, but not a hint of criticism is leveled at them. I remember when the TWA acquisition was first announced, and a couple of AA buddies told me point blank "we're gonna staple the whole lot of them."

But ALPA is the bad guy.

Then, a while after the screw-job was officially implemented (I agree you guys got hosed, but there seems to be multiple parties to that sad end result) I was on a hotel van with an AA-but-former-TWA crew. I asked one of the F/As if the pilots got hosed as bad as it seemed (her husband was a pilot). Her answer was "Yes, but my husband was former Ozark, and all that American pilots did was the exact same thing that TWA guys did to the Ozark pilots, so what comes around goes around."

Is that all correct?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back