Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Turf War in DEN. Grab your stick - it's ON!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Frontier, United and Southwest are clearly in a battle for customers in Denver. That is why I posted this thread.

Gup

Gup, Your right, it is going to be a 'battle' NO major airport has ever supported a '3 airline' domestic hub situation; it usually shakes out to 2 players in the end.

I know some might talk of JFK with DAL, AA and JB; but AA and DAL ops are mainly in support of their Int'l hub/feed and not purely domestic.

Airline Business 101, airlines in establishing a 'hub airport' normally want 60-65% 'local traffic' and you can only divide up the DEN pie so many ways. As i said, will eventually shake out to 2 players, may take 2-3, but that is the way I see it. Will be interesting!!!

PD

why is anyone ever proud to post something about their airline's new fare sale that practically subsidizes flying?

If there weren't so many fare sales like this, maybe things like pensions, in-house MX, rampers/gate agents being able to support their families, and uncrowded skies would have stayed around instead of vanishing like a fart in the wind.

If $30 fares are driving the growth SWA is looking for, we are all in trouble. This is what the network carriers did after 911 and it clearly didn't work.
$30 fares aren't driving growth, Southwest has actually been shrinking on a year over year basis for several months now (who says you can't shrink to profitability). Southwest is testing Republic to see if Bedford knows what he is doing. And it isn't just Denver. Republic is also facing Southwest and Airtran in MKE. Southwest/Airtran have the ability to make the next 12 months for Republic very painful. Good airline managements make sure new competition doesn't get up and going. Look at how intense the competition was for Independence when they started several years ago.

$30 fares aren't driving growth, Southwest has actually been shrinking on a year over year basis for several months now (who says you can't shrink to profitability). Southwest is testing Republic to see if Bedford knows what he is doing. And it isn't just Denver. Republic is also facing Southwest and Airtran in MKE. Southwest/Airtran have the ability to make the next 12 months for Republic very painful. Good airline managements make sure new competition doesn't get up and going. Look at how intense the competition was for Independence when they started several years ago.

Holy c**p. Someone with an intelligent opinion. You bet your azz SWA is gonna put the hurt on RAH. It's called business. There's only room for 2 players in any hub, and a third tier regional ain't gonna have a seat at that table. I seriously believe we've bitten off way more than we can chew.

Holy c**p. Someone with an intelligent opinion. You bet your azz SWA is gonna put the hurt on RAH. It's called business. There's only room for 2 players in any hub, and a third tier regional ain't gonna have a seat at that table. I seriously believe we've bitten off way more than we can chew.

Another intelligent statement.

What's going on around here?

Do you really think $30 sales had more to do with UAL losing pensions than their corrupt mgmts/politics?
It may be tough- but it really is better for the strong to just put the weak out of their misery quick.
It would be a shame if a Dem would have to start lecturing about the realities and overall benefits of capitalism...
;)

Do you really think $30 sales had more to do with UAL losing pensions than their corrupt mgmts/politics?
It may be tough- but it really is better for the strong to just put the weak out of their misery quick.
It would be a shame if a Dem would have to start lecturing about the realities and overall benefits of capitalism...
;)

?????? you are too cunning to be understood

Very simple FI rule of thumb. Anytime a thread title contains a company ad slogan (dreamed up by yet another retarded agency) like "IT'S ON!", expect others to think of you as a kool aid swigging d-bag.

Latest resources

Back