Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Turf War in DEN. Grab your stick - it's ON!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

GuppyWN

Tuesday, February 2, 2010, 2:40pm MST

Southwest Airlines follows Denver sale with another sale; United still offers two-fers

Denver Business Journal

One day after ending its year-opening buy-one-get-one-free sale on tickets, Southwest Airlines launched a 72-hour fare sale on flights from Denver International Airport Tuesday.
The fares begin as low as $30 per person each way and apply to destinations across the United States. The sale ends at the close of the day Thursday.
Southwest, the Dallas-based airline that is the third-largest carrier at DIA, has been on a promotional whirlwind locally since losing a bidding war to acquire Denver-based Frontier Airlines in August. It has announced several rounds of new nonstop flights from the airport and has launched several extremely aggressive fare sales in that time.
President and CEO Gary Kelly said during an October visit to Denver that it was not the failed Frontier takeover that is driving the growth in Denver so much as the market response to Southwest since it began flying out of DIA in January 2006.
Click here to learn more about the Southwest deals out of Denver.
Meanwhile, United Airlines — DIA’s No. 1 carrier — continues to offer a free round-trip ticket to Colorado customers with the purchase of a qualifying ticket by Feb. 14.
Colorado customers who buy a qualifying ticket for travel in the United States, including Hawaii; Canada; Mexico; and the Caribbean will get a ticket to any North American destination, the airline said. And customers who buy a qualifying international ticket will get another overseas ticket.
The airline also said it would offer two North American fare-class upgrades with a qualifying purchase.
The offer applies to round-trip economy-class tickets booked by Feb. 14 from Colorado cities served by United for travel completed by March 5. For full details and restrictions, click here.
A Frontier Airlines offer of discounted fares to Mexico expired last week.

President and CEO Gary Kelly said during an October visit to Denver that it was not the failed Frontier takeover that is driving the growth in Denver so much as the market response to Southwest since it began flying out of DIA in January 2006.
SURE it wasnt!! sore loser

do you really think we had any "real" interest in buying Frontier....it was just to get inside their books.

No, it was Airbus envy.....

Come on we all know you guys at WN are just dissy with anticipation to get your hands on the Bus....:laugh:

Last edited:
Shut up

Threads like this make me dislike SWA pilots more and more every day. So what? Your airline reduced the price on some tickets. What does that have to do with you flying the airplane? You fly an airplane. You aren't on a football team. You seem to get joy out of the notion that your house gets bigger if someone elses burns. Who really gives a fork? You just fly an airplane for a great airline. Enjoy it and keep it to yourself and your family.

Do SWA fare sales make you feel like you grew an extra quarter inch in your shorts? You don't own the airline. You don't run the airline. You don't determine the price on tickets. You just fly airplanes and make a PA joke here and there while taxiing and flying approaches faster than everyone else. You got lucky that you got on with an airline that is run by folks who actually run an airline. Be happy and STFU.

And no, I don't work for Frontier. I don't work for any airline anymore but know a JA thread when I see it.

And no, I don't work for Frontier. I don't work for any airline anymore but know a JA thread when I see it.

Then why are you here? Go away.

Latest resources

Back