• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

TSA wants to scan bizjet pax

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
A Commercial operation (135 and even 91K operators) has different issues and concerns when it comes to security than most, if not all, private (91) operators.

Nobody gets on our aircraft without the express permission of the company president and ME. I don't need a background check or a no-fly list to know if someone belongs or not or if they pose a security risk to our aircraft.

Besides, does the TSA really need passport information in order to add someone to the Master Passenger List?!?!?

The LASP is a clusterfark of epidemic proportions. Domestic 91 operations DO NOT need security screening...hence the "private" in "private aircraft".

Is that your canned answer? I'm no TSA apologist but, if the government doesn't maintain a list of passengers that are a security risk, then who do you suppose will? Do you think anti-terrorist investigation and law enforcement should be privatized?:rolleyes:

For the record, the post above only applies to pt 135 or 91k. I agree that under pt 91, security is up to each operator.

Let's see.....public airspace, airports, ATC, etc.

We don't want the secuity rules that apply to everyone else when we fly our a/c ....and the public better like it or else we will use our own infrastructure to get around.

....and by the way, what is this nonsense with clearing customs and immigration when we return to the US? We know who, and what, is onboard!

....and by the way, what is this nonsense with clearing customs and immigration when we return to the US? We know who, and what, is onboard!

Don't get me started .. its easier to go into Canada than it is to come back to our own country.

We don't want the secuity rules that apply to everyone else when we fly our a/c ....

That's a non-sequitir. Do we screen every passenger that gets in his vehicle on a public road? Every rider on his boat or Jet-ski on public waterways? Every passenger who rides Amtrak?

I quite agree. I much prefer landing in Canada than coming home, from a customs point-of-view.

We don't want the secuity rules that apply to everyone else when we fly our a/c ....and the public better like it or else we will use our own infrastructure to get around.

CA1900 beat me to it!! I agree (with CA1900). Sorry gret, your example doesn't pan out with the way everything works in this country.

I have a couple single-seat biplanes. They're MINE. Part 91 flying at it's best. And I don't have to be screened by the government. So yes, I want us to follow the rules that everyone else does.:beer:

Someone here actually got right to the core of the matter!

It is utterly RIDICULOUS to to have to get permission from ANYONE to travel in your own vehicle!! Be it, plane, car, boat, motorcycle, or skateboard.

But planes can be used to blow up things blah blah blah (the usual rant). And Timothy McVeigh didn't do any damage with a moving truck? Anyone remember the bombing of the USS Cole (boats were used to deliver the explosive blast)?

If you own the jet, it's your personal vehicle. Same as your car. Since when do we need government permission to go flying in our own plane? Or driving in our own car?

As for the argument about not knowing who is getting on the plane, well, from my perspective, I only need to know who the lead pax is. I've been flying private jets for 18 years now, and I have NEVER had a group of pax get on a flight and not know who the other people are. What? Some terrorist carrying 500# of explosive-laden luggage is just going to blend in with a group of 4 or 5 people getting on a private jet and no one will notice until we're in the air??

We need to reign in our government NOW!!!

It looks like you're ready for some "CHANGE." You know who to vote for in November then?;)

Why is it only one company who does the checks? Also why the h*ll do we need to do another criminal background check?

And TSA is better than what we had before.
Absolutely not! Every audit, report, study, survey, test--everything, has indicated they are significantly lower in detection, efficiency, and retention. The government nationalizes screening and wants to privatize ATC. Amazing.

I just hope TSA is doing there job when one of our family members get on the plane because they are the only line of defense no matter how inept you think the people in the blue shirts seem to be.
You're kidding, right? TSA is the ONLY line of defense? So CS2 means nothing to you? If you don't know what that means, then you might actually believe you're right. Scary.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back