• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

TSA pilot issue on abc evening news

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
No! I saw it on central time so it is coming soon to Mt. and P time.
I missed the first few seconds so i don't know if it was a union rep or who it was. very well spoken and professional. He spoke of a pilot who was basically molested while trying to go to work. The TSA provided some info about the new AIT machines. with radiaion numbers, i.e. they are fine, wink wink.

Last edited:
Old story, but maybe this will stop it

The TSA provided some info about the new AIT machines. with radiaion numbers, i.e. they are fine, wink wink.

By Roger Yu, USA TODAY

The Electronic Privacy Information Center, a privacy advocacy group in Washington, D.C., has sued the Department of Homeland Security in federal court, seeking an emergency stay of the controversial airport body scanner program.

The scanners, currently deployed at 19 airports, are whole-body imaging devices used for airport security screening. The scanners reveal the surface of the skin under clothing and prosthetics.

The program is "unlawful, invasive, and ineffective," says Marc Rotenberg, president of EPIC and lead counsel in the case.

According to the EPIC filing, the Transportation Security Administration program violates the federal Privacy Act, the Religious Freedom Restoration Act and the Administrative Procedures Act.

It also asserts that the program violates the Fourth Amendment, as the body scanners are "highly invasive and are applied to all air travelers without any particular suspicion."

The program's proponents, including former Secretary of Homeland Security Michael Chertoff, argue that the TSA limits the number of officers who can see the images and separates the officers looking at images from the passengers being screened. The scanners also use software to blur the faces on the images. Travelers can also elect to bypass the machines and receive a pat-down instead.

In an editorial written for the Washington Post in January, Chertoff said the machines are "configured to prevent TSA officers from storing or retaining any images."

But Rotenberg says government records obtained through a Freedom of Information Act lawsuit revealed that "the TSA required that the devices be able to store and record images of naked air travelers."

Posted Jul 9 2010 12:15PM

http://travel.usatoday.com/flights/...awsuit-to-block-airport-body-scanners/99431/1

I think they realize that if they quell the resistance within the Pilot Group/Unions, and can get the media off their backs, then they can continue with the reeducation/subjugation of the masses. DONT LET UP!

I think they realize that if they quell the resistance within the Pilot Group/Unions, and can get the media off their backs, then they can continue with the reeducation/subjugation of the masses. DONT LET UP!
That is exactly right. If we keep throwing a hissy the more the public will not want to get radiated or fondled either.

Last edited:
ALPA and APA (prob just APA because ALPA is spineless) should join in the lawsuit. The increased radiation exposure to pilots makes us a better plaintiff than regular passengers.

Latest resources

Back