• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

TSA furloughed pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Don't forget, it's the company doing the furloughing, not ALPA.

Oh, I'm not involved with the union in any way other than by paying dues so I think it's safe to state the following opinion. Anybody who picks up open time now might as well throw an application in at Gojets.

Don't forget, it's the company doing the furloughing, not ALPA.

Oh, I'm not involved with the union in any way other than by paying dues so I think it's safe to state the following opinion. Anybody who picks up open time now might as well throw an application in at Gojets.

Here's an idea...why dont we pick up all the open time the rest of this month...make it look like we are going to be WELL covered next month...then do NOTHING next month.

That will sure give the company a b$tch slap. Think about it!

Here's an idea...why dont we pick up all the open time the rest of this month...make it look like we are going to be WELL covered next month...then do NOTHING next month.

That will sure give the company a b$tch slap. Think about it!

As much fun as that would be I think it might be illegal. The RLA gives the company and the government lots of power compared to us. While the company can pretty much do what ever it wants we are expected to "fly it now grieve it later" and then after the grievance process is done they are supposed to not do that exact breakage of the CBA again or the company will be fined. Also during negotiations the pilot group is expected to maintain the "status quo" which means pretty much any thing (IE picking up or not picking up open time) can be consider a job action if there is any way the union can be halfway proven as saying something along the lines of advising for or against doing anything that isn't "normal" just ask the guys at Delta mainline because I'm pretty sure they are the ones that got pegged over the open time issue a few years ago.

With the above being said I will make the disclaimer that I'm in no way an expert on the RLA. I have not read it myself (They don't have a copy that is dumbed down enough for me to read....that would have to be in pictures or written in crayon)...But I do know that the union has to be really careful with anything that comes out of the unions mouth during negotiations.

If you need information about the immediately, you can always contact your rep.

Who's my rep, all I know is that the pizza alpa gave us was good and they gave us a whole bunch of stickers and told us they'd need money after a year. ONce in a while they send us emails saying they're trying their best not to get us furloughed....

Just a heads up tsalounge.com is now free for all furloughed or soon to be furloughed pilots so the TSA guys and girls have an open line of communication with each other.

Who's my rep, all I know is that the pizza alpa gave us was good and they gave us a whole bunch of stickers and told us they'd need money after a year. ONce in a while they send us emails saying they're trying their best not to get us furloughed....
Contact lists are posted in the crew rooms in STL and RIC. They are also posted on the ALPA website, and I'm sure that if you asked anyone that has been at TSA a while they would be able to tell you. Send me a PM if you can't find the info, and I'll get it for you.

But, don't come on here blaming the GoJet pilot group for something that AA has done to TSA. We (GoJet) only have one code share and it's NOT AA. So, blow it out your back side. I'm glad that you moved on. Anyone that works for TSH or HAS worked for TSH and moves on to bigger and better things I feel is great. Don't try to pin this furlough crap on us. Now, back to the sandbox

Are you f@#king kidding me? Where have you been the last 3 years? Do you live in a cave, or are you an ostrich? WTF...i hold the original scabs accountable for creating this whole mess to begin with. Do me a favor and buy some dominos, line them up, and watch them fall. Get the metaphor. After that blow dry your self in the shower.
...Had to do it since all you understand is 5th grade insults.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back