• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

TSA Fail

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Lets face it. The bad guys are 3 steps ahead of us....I wish we could be in an offensive position for once instead of always playing defense. The TSA is a JOKE and everyone knows it. We need to start thinking much farther ahead than we are.....the bad guys just sit back and laugh at us, it is pretty sad.

You give the "bad guys" too much credit. What have the "bad guys" pulled off with airliners since 2001? There have been a handful of close calls but with millions of flights there should have been more successes for them if they were so far ahead of us. I don't think they are 3 steps ahead of anyone. The TSA may be a bunch of dolts but this is proof the "bad guys" are even more stupid.

Well, Maybe their too busy making sure some flightcrew member doesn't have a butter knife in their bag.

How can you "promise" me this? I think they don't all know about the holes otherwise they would have shot up a flight or two by now or blown one up. Instead they are lighting shoes on fire and other stupid crap. You can't promise anything.

Because I see security loopholes every day that just make me laugh. It's common knowledge crewmembers in uniform can go through the metal detector with shoes on...

You don't think Al Qaeda knows this? You don't think they could get one of these American turned Al Qaeda followers to dress up in a pilot uniform at some podunk town, hide explosives in his shoes and fake an ID and go through security?

You don't think they heard about the high school student hopping in the gear well of a 737 in Charlotte?

It doesn't take much observation of airports to realize how many holes in the system there are. Ever see an EMS crew go through the Exit lane of security when responding to an airport call? So have passengers, but unless you are looking for a hole in security you won't think anything of it.

The guy washing the fire truck outside at the airport fire station, in the back with the bay door open leaves an opening for someone to waltz into the station, then onto the airport.

This is just observations I've seen, and I'm not even trying to find loopholes in the security system. It's just a fact, that it is impossible and impractical to prevent every breach, and agonizing over it is pointless. Just imagine how many holes in security we could find if we really had a motive to find them!

They should test MEM. Most of the TSA screeners all hang out at that burger joint by ticketing, I think they were tossing dice as well.

You give the "bad guys" too much credit. What have the "bad guys" pulled off with airliners since 2001? There have been a handful of close calls but with millions of flights there should have been more successes for them if they were so far ahead of us. I don't think they are 3 steps ahead of anyone. The TSA may be a bunch of dolts but this is proof the "bad guys" are even more stupid.

You're living in fantasy land. The bad guys are ahead......it's just not that difficult to be ahead of security theater. Just because something hasn't happened does not mean that it won't and it certainly is no reason to start patting backs of government bureaucracies.

It seems like the question is, whether or not the TSA is effective or even competant. It's obvious that those of us exposed to their antics on a daily basis that it's mostly window dressing with little effective security involved.

"loaded snub nose "baby" Glock pistol from his computer bag."

"It's just impossible to miss it, you know. I mean, this is not a small gun," Seif told ABC News. "How can you miss it? You cannot miss it."

It is the smallest gun glock makes! It is almost a cute, reappearing theme for the media to completely make themselves appear so ignorant on every story in which I have personal expertise in.

Way to get the scoop on this ABC!!! Thanks for showing all the nutjobs the holes we have in our security! We will all be safer for your spot on reporting.

Yer nearly as misguided as the average "first time" voter/Obama supporter.

Latest resources

Back