TSA calls non-furloughed pilots?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

PSUPilot

Apparently, TSA has begun to call people who had interviewed and been hired (before the furloughs) to see if they would be able to possibly start for a November class date.

Now, several of my classmates and I from the first round of furloughs have not received any phone call for callbacks...nor has anybody in the 2nd round of furloughs. Isn't this a blatent disregard of the contract? We have found other jobs anyway, but shouldn't this crappy company at least have the decency to call us back?

Also, there are rumors that people from our furloughs have defected to G0 Jet. Anywhere we can send names? PM please.

P.S. - Deport Hulas.

I think they realize that most of the furloughed aren't going to be back, and as long as everyone gets a call before hiring starts then its legit. As far as company decency, I don't really need to get into that.

I havent gotten a call about coming back, I was in the second round of furloughs. I dont have another job yet so I may go back till I get something better since I have no job right now and money dwindling quickly, but I would not stay.

Seems fairly obvious... They're planning ahead for a class date in Nov., and they're going to recall all furloughs in the meantime, even if they haven't called you YET. Seems to me that you'd be HAPPY about this news if you don't have another job, with your money dwindling, it means that you'll be going back in the next couple of months (even if you're already planning on leaving).

You're probably right in not staying when you DO go back. Find something else, give your two weeks, and then laugh at Hulas as you move on to something better.

Do new-hires still stay at that stinky Holiday Inn?

PSUPilot said:
Also, there are rumors that people from our furloughs have defected to G0 Jet. Anywhere we can send names? PM please.

I have heard that 3 of our fallen brothers have stabbed the trans states pilot group in the back. still working on the names.

and in response to the other post about the crappy holiday inn, uncle hulie doesn't shell out for housing during training. its all on your own dime.

I know that, stooge. I shelled out my own dime for that rathole, too. Just wondering if people still stay there even though the training center is no longer in the same building.

For what its worth I've heard that we will get called back by November, but I find it hard to believe.

If you haven't got another gig lined up you need to seriously get your stuff out there, TSA is not a place to work. I imagine as soon as the AX contract is up there’s no reason to keep TSA around so might as well get out now and save yourself the trouble.

Funny... That's just what they told ME. "You'll be recalled in November". They were technically correct, they just didn't specify which YEAR. :D

I was back in that fiasco when they furloughed a bunch of us.. Then, just like now, realized they furloughed too many so they recalled some.. Then they realized they recalled to many and furloughed again.. Ahh, the memories of trans mistakes.. For anyone on furlough or close to it, go to chatauqua.. They are still hiring tsa folks if I remember correctly and you'll be much happier..

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back