• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

TSA calls non-furloughed pilots?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yeah i also heard that when they furloughed you guys they tried to do it out of seniority, and when the union called them on it they tried to fire instead. Good times

yeah.. I was a fired guy.. I can only hope that the guys/gals stuck there now do things by the book.. Especially after that "since you give us the minimum, we give you the minimum" notice.... All I can say is, for the time being, bring your own ky jelly cuz the hulas is packing and he is just itching to tear up somone's cornhole..

Well, alot of the furloughed people dont meet the time mins to go to any of the RAH companies. I was on line for realistically three months, I did not have 1000 hours to start so the 1500 total time thing is out the window, i do have the 300 or 500 multi what ever it is, but not the total time. I believe alot of the furloughed people are in that same boat. IF things were going to change at RAH and they would allow less than 1500 and 300(or 500) I would go there, but at this time, not gonna happen.

rjacobs said:
Well, alot of the furloughed people dont meet the time mins to go to any of the RAH companies. I was on line for realistically three months, I did not have 1000 hours to start so the 1500 total time thing is out the window, i do have the 300 or 500 multi what ever it is, but not the total time. I believe alot of the furloughed people are in that same boat. IF things were going to change at RAH and they would allow less than 1500 and 300(or 500) I would go there, but at this time, not gonna happen.

I say give RAH another try. They have been kind of loose with the mins lately b/c of the new flying their getting. The recent aviationinterviews.com shows several pilots hired with less than mins. I know one TSA guy who is 30 hours short total time and got the call.

good luck!

Keep sending in a new resume every few weeks or a month.. every time you get another 50 hours or so.. shows them that your really interested!

Well, what is the address or email to send resume's to, all I have found is the full application on the website. Or is that the only way to go?

rjacobs said:
Im a bit more than 30 hours short, im about 4 months worth of 121 flying short.

Did you remember to include that 100 a month flying you did in your Dad's/friend's/student's airplane? You know while you were on reserve. Flying touch and go's at that non towered airport out there. Remember? You wrote it down in that red log book you kept in the plane and haven't had a chance to put it into your master log book yet.;)

rjacobs said:
That may have been the plan the entire time, Hireing low time people. How can they go anywhere with low time? TSA figures they can hire them up root their famlies then do whatever they please with the pilots lives.

Maybe I'm thinking about this too much.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back