• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

TSA Breaks 10 AE Aircraft in ORD

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Have you ever noticed people working retail or what ever will stand on anything to reach that top box or item. Some people just can't change...

I think they would understand it better if it stated:

" Yo playa, don't touch this mufuk@! It bees HOT and sh!!t."

Be careful not to confuse the TSA with Menzies rampers. Yes they're both incompetent, but in different ways. Although, those differences seem to be fading, because now they're both damaging aircraft.

Some day soon you will see a group of mad men attack our airports at the same time in numbers by driving trucks through the house fence (chainlink) that are supposed to provide a barrier. Then FEDS will blame the State police while putting our customers and us through the ringer..By the way no one would ever fly a aircraft into a building much less in numbers even though it had allready been tried. I guess no one has ever driven through a house fence either..???

American Eagle could face fines related to TSA gaffe

The US Transportation Security Administration may levy civil penalties against American Eagle Airlines after one of its inspectors was able to gain access to the interior of seven out of nine Embraer ERJ-145 aircraft at Chicago O'Hare International airport on 19 August.

Inspection results are being reviewed and depending on the outcome, TSA says it could penalize the regional. A TSA spokeswoman declined to explain the administration's reasoning behind a potential penalty.

An American Eagle spokeswoman says, "We are unaware of any violations," adding she is confident the airline followed procedures for securing aircraft overnight.

However, the carrier says in a statement it is concerned about the "unorthodox inspection techniques" used at roughly 0530 on 19 August.

An airline employee noticed a man hoisting himself up to the jet bridge close to an ERJ-145 using the pitot tube on the side of the aircraft near the closed and locked cockpit door for leverage, an American Eagle spokeswoman says.

The TSA agent admitted to using the same procedure on a total of nine aircraft, all of which the airline then pulled out of service. The agent gained interior access to seven of the regional jets. Inspections, which took up to two hours to complete, revealed no damage and all aircraft were back into service by 1045 on 19 August, the airline says

"If not observed by vigilant Eagle employees in Chicago, the actions of this inspector would have been unknown and could have jeopardized the safety of our customers and crew because of potential damage to the sensitive equipment mounted on the aircraft fuselage," the carrier says in a statement.

TSA says it was not its intent to cause delay or potential damage to the aircraft as a result of its inspections.

"TSA took immediate steps to re-enforce education about sensitive equipment located on the exterior of a plane," the administration adds.

Source: Air Transport Intelligence news

The US Transportation Security Administration may levy civil penalties against American Eagle Airlines after one of its inspectors was able to gain access to the interior of seven out of nine Embraer ERJ-145 aircraft at Chicago O'Hare International airport on 19 August.

If you find a TSA inspector onboard your aircraft, call the police immediately.

F(&(*&( THE TSA

I wonder what would happen if I had a T-shirt that said that and wore it the next time I was a revenue pax...?

Be careful not to confuse the TSA with Menzies rampers. Yes they're both incompetent, but in different ways. Although, those differences seem to be fading, because now they're both damaging aircraft.

I agree; However, I don’t think the word “incompetent” even begins to describe their level of stupidity. We came into ORD after a 16 hour nonstop flight from ICN last week and were greeted by these buffoons for a surprise inspection. I can tell you from my experience; these guys are straight out of Reno 911.

That is a serious insult to the crack squad of men and women from Reno 911.

That is a serious insult to the crack squad of men and women from Reno 911.
I agree on Reno 911 they at least in the end get lucky. tsa will always be a week behind terrorist. There are only 3 qualifications to join tsa
1. Do you live in the projects?
2. Do you live in a trailer?
3. Were you that nerd in high school everyone made fun, and now you need to get some authority?

If you can answer yes to anyone one of the 3, then you can have a fun and exciting career with the tsa.

Sweet maybe I can be a TSA while I am furloughed?!?!:D

Latest resources

Back